Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Just a few questinons about attachment parenting

1. Senior Member

Question Just a few questinons about attachment parenting

Advertisements
    I am a little slow on this but I am going to do more research about it. I just wanted to know if someone could take a few min to explain what the exact differences are between attachment parenting and just parenting. I did get a carrier for my daughter but my thought was that once she is born I would rather pack her around and be a little more hands free then having her stuck in a car seat all the time. So if anyone could or is willing to take the time to explain a little more of the details to me that would be great. Thank you!
  2. Purpur
    attachment parenting is more of a "natural" lifestyle. Everyone has their own take to it. Cloth diapering, breastfeeding, extended breastfeeding, wearing your baby (sling, wrap, mei tei's), delaying/no vax, making your own babyfood, co sleeping....there are a million things that can make up attachment parenting. Some people do all of the above, some people only do one or two things.
    It's also supposed to be about "following your instincts"....but I personally think thats bull....some moms instincts go against AP-type things....but they are still their instincts....*shrugs*
  3. Senior Member
    Thanks so much that helped a lot
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You just follow your instincts and take your cues from baby. I don't some of it (co-sleeping, extended feeding, ect) but you don't have to do all of it.

I kinda hate the term of "attachment parenting." That term causes hair to raise on the back of many mom's necks and I am sad there has to be a division on this. I am more for the term "baby or instict" parenting.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz