Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moms Breastaurant

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Moms Breastaurant

Advertisements
    HEY I am reading last months Mothering mag and I came across an article about this woman that runs the Mom's Breastaurant tent/booth. She travels around the country and sets up the booth at fairs and such.

WELL I met her at last summers fourth avenue street fair, she is who I bought my nursing necklace from. I told you guys about her before too. She provides free water to nursing mom's a place to sit, relax, and nurse in a calm place. along with a changing table and free supplies for pamper changes.

She was a SUPER nice woman and I find it so awesome that this is something she does all over the place. She was at the winter street fair this past Devcember (unfortunately the kids were sick so I had to skip it) BUT I will be looking for her this May when the summer fourth avenue street fair happens.

when I met her she had a very cute but not so big tent/booth area, the picture in the magazine of her winter set up shows she has been able to expand quite a bit!

Here is her website: www.momsbreastaurant.com
  2. CarrieMe2AK
    they do this in Alaska at the state fair and other functions like that. remember my dd had a major blowout as we were passing one, it was a lifesaver
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Is it her booth or is it a different brand? Isn't it nice I thought it was such a neat and needed idea. Especially in places where the weather is so extreme (very hot/very cold)
  4. CarrieMe2AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    Is it her booth or is it a different brand? Isn't it nice I thought it was such a neat and needed idea. Especially in places where the weather is so extreme (very hot/very cold)
    it's just a booth by people. I know one was a church, and the other one I think was either put on my WIC, or some gov't program (campaign for breast is best) or it was put on by the organizers of the fair. They didn't sell anything, they just had diapers, water, snacks, couches and chairs, and of course privacy.

Oh and it was in the summer, not so extreme weather
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    LOLZ in Arizona summer is extreme. It will actually be nice that the street fair is the first week of April this year because when it is at the end of May it is WAY to hot.
  6. CarrieMe2AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    LOLZ in Arizona summer is extreme. It will actually be nice that the street fair is the first week of April this year because when it is at the end of May it is WAY to hot.
    haha, yeah i lived in OK for a few years, I hear you on the heat. I used to say if I could make it to may without turning the air on i was doing great.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thats the truth here in my part of AZ it is June July and part of August that make you want to kill yourself. over 100* PLUS humidity tie that in with an evaporative cooler and yeah my house is sucking in the hind tale of summer.
  8. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    how cool thanks for sharing....I like her shirts too.