Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK...the peanut shell nursing cover

1. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries

OK...the peanut shell nursing cover

Advertisements
    Has anybody used it?

I've got to admit - trying to nurse and cover with a blanket is a pita. I have rarely if ever felt so uncoordinated. I can't even see what I'm doing. The peanut shell nursing cover looks like it would work much better, because I could look down through the neck to see what's up down there.

I am nervous about going out in public with DS because I am worried about being able to find somewhere to nurse that if I accidentally flash a boob I won't be prosecuted. If I had something like the peanut shell nursing cover, it seems I wouldn't have to worry about boob flashing, it looks big enough to cover that...
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    my best friend made me a cover but honestly, ellie hates being covered. i end up showing more boob without a cover, but i have a few friends who love it!!
  3. aka yankeelady78
    aka yankeelady78
    Have no fear, you won't be prosecuted. Washington exempts bf'ing from their indecent exposure laws.

But I understand wanting to keep the goods covered. Tho I was always more worried about people staring at my back fat than my boobs

WASHINGTON
    Washington exempts the act of breastfeeding or expressing breast milk from the indecent exposure laws. It also encourages employers to accommodate breastfeeding mothers, and sets up an incentive program for employers by allowing them to advertise that they are 'infant friendly' if they set up lactation support for their employees.

RCW 9A.88.010
    2001 Wa. ALS 88; 2001 Wa. Ch. 88; 2001 Wa. HB 1590

(1) A person is guilty of indecent exposure if he or she intentionally makes any open and obscene exposure of his or her person or the person of another knowing that such conduct is likely to cause reasonable affront or alarm. The act of breastfeeding or expressing breast milk is not indecent exposure.
    Amy
  4. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Amy I knew I could count on you.
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  5. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    one thing i found, when i go out, if it's cool enough out, i wear a zip up sweatshirt....that enables me to cover at least one full side of my breast while feeding her.
  6. aka yankeelady78
    aka yankeelady78
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Thank you Amy I knew I could count on you.
    I'm from the government, I'm here to help.

(There's gotta be a Ronald Reagan fan on this board somewhere)

ETA: I'm having a problem staying on topic today. I meant to say, Isa HATED being covered up, so I never used a cover. And after Aedan was born, I figured all of the greater Charleston area had already seen my itty bitty's and my back fat, so what was the point?
    Amy
  7. X
    X
    I tried a self-made cover and it just didn't work. Zoe was too busy trying to pull it off all the time. I just wear tanks under my tees. When I go to feed her I raise up the top tee and pull the tank down so nothing is showing.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I swear to you Becca that I ended up showing MORE boob when I messed with the damn blankets and covers It drove me and the kids absolutely insane You can give it a try but don't ever let other people's insecurities and issues interfere with being comfortable when you feed your little guy. For me, it was just so much more comfortable to not have them flinging the blanket around and trying to reach over to get it while my boob is jiggling and flopping everywhere, then they get mad as HELL b/c it pops out and start SCREAMING and making a scene.... oh dear. Yeah, blankets didn't work well for us either and I never bothered with the covers b/c the blanket was traumatizing
  9. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I am a fumbling idiot, trying to nurse without the boppy and keeping myself covered It's really quite sad
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  10. aka yankeelady78
    aka yankeelady78
    It's hard to nurse without the boppy if you and he are used to it. I took mine with me for a while, kept it in the understorage in my stroller. I love the boppy!
    Amy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast