Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other BFing mommies...suggestions/help please

1. Proud Submariner's Wife
    Proud Submariner's Wife

Other BFing mommies...suggestions/help please

Advertisements
    Here's the situation. My daughter "snacks" all day every few hours meaning she will nurse about 10 minutes at a time then fall asleep for a while all day. Then at night she is STARVING and I end up feeding her for the better part of a couple hours. Every time she dozes off I think I can catch some sleep, lay her down and she wakes up and acts hungry still. It's exhausting. Is there something I can do to get her to eat a little more during the day so she's not up all night? Sometimes I think she just wants to suck to get to sleep but she refuses a pacifier.
  2. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I wish I had some advice for you, but I'm struggling a bit with James as well. He just wants to nurse every 30-45 minutes all day long.

Good luck.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  3. Proud Submariner's Wife
    Proud Submariner's Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    I wish I had some advice for you, but I'm struggling a bit with James as well. He just wants to nurse every 30-45 minutes all day long.

Good luck.
    Thanks Becca, good luck to you too.
  4. X
    X
    Zoe went through the same phase. She would cluster feed ALL day. It will get better after a while, it's just a phase they go through.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Because of her age, I would guess she is going through a growth spurt. They will feed and feed and feed like crazy then sleep for a day or so afterwards.

just keep up with her. She is triggering your body to make more milk. Try not to suppliment because it could effect your milk supply.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Bailey did the same thing at that age. At night I gave in and would either put her in bed with me so she could nurse and I could sleep or I would sleep on the couch with her.
  7. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Ellie does that.... STILL @ 6 months.

she refuses the bottle of BM at school and when i come home, cluster feeds ALL night.

she's NEVER eaten for more than 10 minutes at a time.... UNLESS at night....then she eats for what seems like hours. she won't take a paci anymore either.
  8. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    ETA: that's why we co-sleep. i just pop her on the boob and snooze
  9. Life is what you make of it
    Life is what you make of it
    My oldest would always fall asleep while nursing too. My suggestion is to try and keep her from falling asleep until she's nursed longer. It can be tough, but should keep her more satisfied and maybe she won't be so hungry at night.
  10. Senior Member
    My DD did that at one point. Try to not let her snooze until she eats. Sometimes you will have to pull her off and wake her up, then put her on the same side. If you switch sides with out draining the one side, she will only get fore milk which quenches thirst. She needs to nurse until she gets to the hind milk which is the "food" of the breast milk, nice and thick. Like I said, you will have to kinda wake her up or just get to the point where you do not let her use you as a binky. Both my kids had that problem. Get on and fall asleep. Hope it helps, but sounds like you have to put your foot down. You will not be mean for doing it, but it will help retrain her schedule. Feel for ya!

Thank you, BrentsCrystal! You are amazing!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast