Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Any other Doulas?

1. I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.

Love Any other Doulas?

Advertisements
    Hey there! I'm a birth and post partum doula currently working to finish my certification in both. I'm also hoping to start my training to be an LLL leader at some point. I live in the San Diego area, so if anyone needs a post partum doula feel free to PM me. I'm putting my birth doula commitments on hold until after deployment!

I'd like to add how exciting it is to see a special forum JUSt for AP on a military website! I always feel "out of the loop" on other forums for the things I do! I about gave 100 girls a heart attack posting that my water broke on another forum and not going straight to the ER LOL

A little more about me.. i have 2 kids, age almost 4 and 9 weeks. Both are/were breastfeed - my daughter for 18 months and Austin will be allowed to wean himself. Natural child birth for Austin, was planning a homebirth but unfortunatly that was stomped WAH.. maybe next time, if i can convince my husband there should be a next time lol.. We of course baby wear *loving my hotsling right now!* and cloth diaper! If anyones in the area I would love to have a playdate either at my home or at the park. My daughter loves having friends over, and it'd be nice being around other moms that dont panic if i pop a boob out to feed the baby lol
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I keep seeing all these natural childbirth people and none of them live near me is stinking Georgia...
    I'm Katie! Welcome to SOS!
    I have a 28 month old daughter who was breastfed for 18 months, and am currently pregnant with number 2 planning a natural birth (or trying to... Army doctors are giving me hell and doulas and midwives don't exist in this area)
    Anyhow... nice to meet you and look forward to getting to know you better.
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  3. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    Welcome!! I think being a doula would be so cool... how do you go about getting certified in that kind of thing? I am pregnant with my first and I adore my doula, she is awesome!!!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  4. Senior Member
    I had wanted to do doula training while we were in San Diego, sadly, we moved and haven't been able to get into it. But right now I work as a breastfeeding counselor and love that...
    Welcome, make yourself at home!
  5. Senior Member
    to SOS! I'm with Katie: why can't you live closer to me! DH and I are currently interviewing doulas.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i would love to do this but i don't know
  7. I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
    Welcome!! I think being a doula would be so cool... how do you go about getting certified in that kind of thing? I am pregnant with my first and I adore my doula, she is awesome!!!
    www.dona.org has all the information! There are a few groups you can certify with, but I prefer dona lol.. The woman I met at my training were amazing!!
  8. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    Cool!! Thanks! I definitely want to look into once we know where we are moving to and we are settled and everything...

Quote Originally Posted by grrrjennigrrr View Post
    www.dona.org has all the information! There are a few groups you can certify with, but I prefer dona lol.. The woman I met at my training were amazing!!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  9. Senior Member
    I just saw this! I have taken the DONA doula training, but am now working on my Certification through Childbirth International for Doula and Childbirth Educator. This is totally my passion, I just can't wait til DH is home so I can start attending births!
  10. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    i am in sd and would love to hang out!!! we're of the BF, BW, Cosleeping, AP type and would be awesome to meet you i have a 5 yr old step daughter, a 4 yr old daughter (almost 5) and a 6.5 month old