Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No vax? What about school??

1. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....

No vax? What about school??

Advertisements
    So this was a BIG debate in class last week, and my teacher says that when you child goes to school, they HAVE to have all of their vaxinations up to date or they can not go (or if they have not reached the appropriate age to get a certain shot, the parents have to sign like a promisary note that they will get them vax'd at that appropriate time or they can not continue school) so for those of you who choose to not get their kids vax'd at all or who are doing selective vaxination, first of all, did you know that?? Second, what are you going to do when you child is of school age and has to have those vaxinations??
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    you sign a waiver basically saying that it's your choice to not vax and that the school will not be held liable for any diseases/sicknesses your child might get
  3. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....
    Oh really? My teacher said that they are making it mandatory and that if your child is not vax'd up to date, they will be suspended or will have to go to another school with more lax requirements....weird.
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  4. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    strange!! i've never heard of that LOL
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    the only states that REQUIRE vaccines is West Virginia and Mississippi. Every other state offers at least a medical and religious exemption. They cannot force you to vaccinate your child
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    the only states that REQUIRE vaccines is West Virginia and Mississippi. Every other state offers at least a medical and religious exemption. They cannot force you to vaccinate your child
    Ditto and there are always ways around it such as home schooling OR going to a charter school or a private school that shares your parenting views.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    you sign a waiver basically saying that it's your choice to not vax and that the school will not be held liable for any diseases/sicknesses your child might get
    that's how it is here too... my friend has a daughter with severe down's syndrome and didn't vax because the affects of vaxing kids with downs syndrome are very iffy. She just had to sign a waiver and she has to take her daughter to well visit doc apts every 6 months and have the doc sign saying she's still fine to be in school
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  8. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Oh really? My teacher said that they are making it mandatory and that if your child is not vax'd up to date, they will be suspended or will have to go to another school with more lax requirements....weird.

I am up to date with all my kids vax's.
  9. Senior Member
    i just enrolled my son into the preschool which is on base here in ga and they had told us that our kids have to be up to date on all shots. No big deal because mine is but thier specific words was have to be or they cannot go to this school which is like okay i am goin today and update becuase this school is one of the number schools here. also in my home town in TX u have tohave all of ur shots to be able to go to school u can enroll but u wont be able to go til u get the shots...
  10. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    I am in Va and I assumed it had to be done. Either way they get there's. I believe in them. with my medical issues and low immunity system protecting them protects me as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast