Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bum Genius or similar diapers

1. Senior Member

Bum Genius or similar diapers

Advertisements
    I would like to try to use cloth diapers and I saw that bumgenius is very similar to disposables. I think if I had to fold and do a bunch of other stuff I wouldn't stick to it. Have any of you used these or a similar all in one? Any suggestions?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    with BG you do have to stuff them with an insert but I absolutely LOVE bumgenius! I like fuzzibunz too but with those you have to buy other sizes as your baby grows, BG dipes you don't
  3. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....
    I'm not too into the pocket dipes though. Its nice for over nights cuz you can decide on the absorbancy, but I just dont like them as much as my fitteds and covers. And I really dont like the applix stuff, I much much much rather have snaps! The applix stuff ALWAYS sticks to Elizabeth's knitted clothes making them fuzzy after the wash, even if I fold them down before I wash them; plus she cant undo the snaps like she can the applix. But when it comes to cloth diapers, you really have to try a little of everything before you know what you like. I tried I think 4 different styles of dipes before I found a specific style and brand I really liked and stuck with. So I mean its all up to you and what you are comfortable with. Good luck!! If you need more advice, check out diaperswappers.com Their diaper chatter forum is great for getting all the info on every cloth diaper you could ever imagine exsisted. And they also have a FSOT forum where you can buy tons and tons of different types of dipes for really really cheap, so you can try those out first before you spend the big bucks on a brand new dipe. IMO its totally worth it though!!
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    oh and if you want to come check out the kinds of diapers i have you can
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am using pockets and I have one BG that I like a lot. I use fuzi bunz and happy heiny's as well. Right now though I am loving sugar britches fitteds with a cover and honeyboys all in ones.

I am just getting ready to list a bunch of diapers that we are just not using along with some that I love but are too small.
  6. Senior Member
    Are all these you listed the kind you don't have to fold and do a lot of work with? I'm looking for what would be most like a disposable but not.
  7. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....
    IMO The most like a disposable is either the fitteds (the snap ones just go on real easy, but you usually have to have a cover for those or they will leak through, but the covers are super cute and you can use them a couple times before washing, unless you have a heavy wetter) I have heard that the all in ones are very similar to sposies, but have looong dry times, I have never used them though. The fitteds you dont fold at all. Some pockets you may have to fold the inserts, and that can be a pain in the ass.
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  8. Senior Member
    Hmmm...I'm still lost. lol How did you all figure all this stuff out? hehe How many diapers would I need to buy to be sure I have enough?
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    www.diaperpin.com is a great wealth of resource
    sunshinediapers.com is really good too
    www.cottonbabies.com

you can come check out my diapers i've got one size diapers like bumgenius, mommy's touch, blueberry, haute pockets, and then diapers like fuzzibunz, prefolds (the old fashioned kind that you are supposed to use with pins), fitteds (one size fitteds), various covers, etc
  10. Senior Member
    How many do you need to start off with?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast