Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another ?

1. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Advertisements
    Thanks Girls yall are very helpful!!!!!!!
    How long are you all planning on Breast Freeding?
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    i will be allowing ellie to self wean. when she's ready, i'll be ready.

sometimes she'll eat for 3-5 mins, other times she'll eat all night (while I sleep LOL)
  3. X
    X
    I'll be letting Zoe self wean
  4. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    Cori, just so you know, with Grave's breastfeeding can be difficult. I'm not sure if you're on any thyroid regulating meds, some endo's won't allow you to be on meds while bfeeding if you are on hyperthyroid meds.
  5. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    I was thinking that would be so great to let the baby eat whenever while I sleep but DH is completely against cosleeping (Jer was still in my bed when we got married at almost 3) and he has put his foot down... So, I guess I will be up and down all night with the baby... I wish I could get him to understand it would be better and easier but he said no hell no.
  6. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Thanks Sweetie! I am not on any medication anymore. My thyroid is in remission! That is why my Mom couldn't BF me because of the extent of her graves disease and she had to be on the meds she couldnt.
  7. Senior Member
    I feel your pain. I could not BF my first because he was a preemie and had no suckle reflex. Did with my daughter and was nervous at first. Let me start by saying, it's THE BEST! Saved so much money and she is a fantastic eater now at 18mo. There will be leaking right before baby is born and shortly after. You may have leaking when you talk about her to others or when she starts crying. Very natural response. Once you hit about 2-3 months post-partum, you should be pretty much completely regulated. Be aware though, in the beginning if you are out and about, you may feel feverish and get the sweats when you need to feed. If that happens, just manually express some milk (just squeeze it out) into a breast pad if baby is not awake our hungry. Don't do too much though because that will increase milk production. Just a little to make yourself comfortable. Regular food is not necessary while breast feeding. DD only got a little bit of cereal or finger food to top off after BF. This made it SO MUCH easier when weaning her onto regular food completely. Started DS at 6 mo on regular food since he could not be BF. Definetly more challenging. It feels akward at first, but after awhile it will feel very natural!

Thank you, BrentsCrystal! You are amazing!
  8. Senior Member
    By the way, I did single side feeding which my Dr told me is much better than switching sides in the middle of feeding. Forgot to mention this....IMPORTANT! The first part of milk when feeding is watery and thin and this is quench babies thirst. Then the milk begins to thicken (this is all during one feeding) and that is to fill baby up. This is the part of the milk that has most nutrients. If baby drains that side and is still hungry, then switch to the other side. Doing this actually makes feedings shorter and spaces out the feedings. No worries, your boobs will NOT be different sizes unless you ONLY use one side for every feeding! Must remember to switch sides for each feeding. Some people wear a bracelet and switch wrists to remind them which side to feed on.

9. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    I'm glad your's is in remission! We're struggling right now, because my endo doesn't want to put Sam through weekly blood tests to make sure that the PTU isn't messing with his system, so I'm off meds right now...and my supply is suffering. Make sure after you have the baby to get your T3 T4 and TSH levels checked after two weeks, since pregnancy/birth can mess with your thyroid again.
  10. Senior Member
    Understand about the co-sleeping. DH was against it too, so we put the bassinet right next to the bed so I did not have far to go to get her. Then I would lay down (I allmost exclusively fed laying down because it was most comfortable to me and DD) then put her back whenever she was done. SO MUCH easier! LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast