Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this a breast yeast infection?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

is this a breast yeast infection?

Advertisements
    okay so here is the deal:

okay so I I had what I thought was a plugged duct or milk blister or something like that. Well that actually went away quickly because I was nursing her most on the side with the plugged duct. Well now I have little red bumps all around where she latches on my aereola (it also happens to be where my breast pump has the greatest suction). It is making my breast super sore. She still has a super good deep latch so it's not that that is causing the soreness. What could it be?
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    It could just be chaffed nipples. Are use using lanolin or anything to prevent your nipples from cracking?! Check Jennifer's mouth for Thrush, to rule it out.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    It could just be chaffed nipples. Are use using lanolin or anything to prevent your nipples from cracking?! Check Jennifer's mouth for Thrush, to rule it out.
    what she said
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    jennifer from the day she was born has had white stuff on her tongue but this is the first time that my breasts are feeling this way. what should i look for

ETA: i just started using the lanolin again at dh's suggestion
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Suspect candida as the cause of your sore nipples if:

* Your nipples are extremely sore, burning, itching, red, or blistery.
    * You experience shooting pains in your breasts during or just after feeding (especially during your milk ejection reflex).
    * The usual remedies for sore nipples aren't working.
    * Baby has oral thrush (white, cottage-cheese-like patches on the tongue and sides of the mouth) and/or a yeasty diaper rash.
    * Your nipples suddenly become sore after a period of pain-free breastfeeding.
    You are taking, or have just finished taking, a course of antibiotics. Yeast infections are common following antibiotic treatment.

Here are some simple suggestions that may help prevent a yeast infection on your nipples, or cure a mild case of yeast infection:

* Yeast organisms hate sunlight, so give your bra and breasts a sun bath. Expose your nipples to sunlight for several minutes several times a day. After washing them, dry your bras in the sunlight.
    * Air-dry your nipples after each feeding
    * Avoid plastic-lined breast pads that irritate skin and trap leaked milk.
    * Change nursing pads after each feeding.
    * Wear 100 percent cotton bras and wash them daily in very hot water.
    Thoroughly wash pump parts that come in contact with your breasts in a bleach solution and boil them in water for five minutes daily.

I would see if you can find some Gentian Violet. WORKS WONDERS!!! I've seen it at walgreens, I believe.
  6. As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    As life is eternal, love is immortal.
    On the inside of her cheeks you would see white spots if it doesn't come off when you rub it then it could very well be thrush. What kind of breast pump do you us? I know the Medela pump in style would do that too me.
    Siggy under construction!!!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i have a medela swing. i will run out and get some genetian violet today when dh gets home
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You might want to see a DR because she will need medicine for the inside of her mouth. They can give you a pill just like a yeast infection in your lady bits. Its what they did for me.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    it is clearing up i guess, the pain isn't there anymore, she's eating better and the bumps have gone down a ton. i didn't pick anything up yet (no genetian violet or anything) but who do i make an appointment with, my PCM or her's?
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    it is clearing up i guess, the pain isn't there anymore, she's eating better and the bumps have gone down a ton. i didn't pick anything up yet (no genetian violet or anything) but who do i make an appointment with, my PCM or her's?
    your's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast