Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breastfeeding ?

1. Senior Member

breastfeeding ?

Advertisements
    My dd is almost 9 months old and I breastfeed her. She has always done so well. For her first 6 months besides nursing her she would get at least 1 bottle a day of formula. The past couple months she has only been breast feeding. I have tried to pump but for some reason, not sure if its my pump or what but I barely get anything. I have tried numerous times.
    All of a sudden, like the past week she has been eating more frequently, I figured she was going through a growth spurt. But now the past couple days she wants to nurse every hour, no joke. Even at night. She should be able to sleep through the night without eating. But every hour or 2 is just crazy. Its actually becoming painful when she nurses cause she does it so much. She eats for about 10 minutes but the thing is when she is eating she is pulling away alot too.
    Could my supply be drying up? Or she has just rescently had 4 teeth start to come in. Is it she is teething and using it as a compfort thing. She normally sucks on a pacifier but she has not even wanted that that much. Please help me of figuring out what is up. I have been drinking tons of fluids, so if it is my milk supply is there some thing I can take to help it. We are not ready to stop breast feeding.
  2. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I definitely think it is probably teething. It is a soothing thing for her. It is really up to you how to deal with it though. Whatever you are comfortable with, but I would put her on an eating schedule and try to soothe the teething another way. Giving her another way to cope. Maybe a paci, or cuddles, or a special blanket or something.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneyBug View Post
    Oh, I definitely think it is probably teething. It is a soothing thing for her. It is really up to you how to deal with it though. Whatever you are comfortable with, but I would put her on an eating schedule and try to soothe the teething another way. Giving her another way to cope. Maybe a paci, or cuddles, or a special blanket or something.
    I have been trying her paci, teething ring, all different stuff and she wants to eat, she actually tries to pull my shirt up herself.lol. I have even given her to dh to try and soothe. Thank you for yoru advice. I am just overly tired from her wanting to eat all the time. I have even been giving her more babyfood and snacks to try and fill her up.
  4. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    I have been trying her paci, teething ring, all different stuff and she wants to eat, she actually tries to pull my shirt up herself.lol. I have even given her to dh to try and soothe. Thank you for yoru advice. I am just overly tired from her wanting to eat all the time. I have even been giving her more babyfood and snacks to try and fill her up.
    I can totally understand! I actually dried up when DD was teething. She would bite, and I would detach her and try again, and she would bite again. I was working, and eventually, I just stopped producing.

5. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    its from the teething, and if shes starting to crawl or something, when they go through major milestones they tend to do that, my dd did. She is teething right now with her 1 yr old molars and nursing tons
  6. Senior Member
    Yeah, my DD did that when she was teething and it hurts like a MOTHER! One thing that helped her was giving her frozen bananas. Felt good and tasty. My son did good with cold watermelon. Might want to try to give her some tylenol when she gets on but acts like she is pulling or kinda gnawing. When I started DD on tylenol she got more regular with her schedule again.

Thank you, BrentsCrystal! You are amazing!
  7. Senior Member
    Thanks for all yoru advice ladies. I just didnt know what to do. I didnt breastfeed my oldest and nobody in my family has breastfed either. So I had nobody else to ask.
  8. DocsWife15
    One other thing it might be is a major growth spurt. The more she nurses the more milk you will produce, so if she is getting ready for a growth spurt she may be doing what is called cluster feeding to get you to produce more milk.
  9. Single and Lovin' it!
    Single and Lovin' it!
    I breastfed my dd for 2 years. She went through spurts of that too. The best way to tell if she's eating enough is as long as she's having wet diapers. If she's wetting her diapers, she's fine. I had to start literally taking my dd off my breast when she'd pull off instead of unlatching before she moved away. it hurt so bad, and at 9 months old, she's old enough to think its funny when you say "ow!" Good luck!
    We wont buy, while cats and dogs die.
    Save a life...get a shelter animal.

YUM...
  10. Sorry Ms.Jackson, I am for real................
    Sorry Ms.Jackson, I am for real................
    its most likely teething. but i would keep an eye on her soiled diapers and her weight just in case.

My beautiful Children

Maria
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast