Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: CD Moms?

1. Senior Member

CD Moms?

Advertisements
    Bamboo vs. Hemp - Give me the low down, please. I love bamboo cloth, and I love it even more for it natural anti bacterial properties.

Anyone use the DryBees Bamboo One Size? Do they need covers, or are they fine without? How do you keep them (the come only in white, I think) looking "white" and not stained from poo?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    The only question I can really answer is breastfed babies poop usually doesn't stain. At least mine never did anyway. I just used regular detergent for their blow outs and the clothes always seemed to come clean. So, hopefully that will hold true with the diaps, as well.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have never had poop stain a diaper. No matter what it was made of (breast milk or breast milk combined with table foods or baby foods). I know that certain foods can stain no matter what blueberries for example. If I ever have a hard time getting a diaper clean some time in the sun clears it right up.
    Sunning a diaper is a good way to keep it looking like new. Oxiclean is another thing that works really well for some peeps.
  4. Senior Member
    Oxyclean won't leave a residue that eventually makes the diaper less effective?

I found my answer to the Drybees needing a cover, they do. Well, it says you can use them without but they suggest a cover.

Thanks for the info ladies!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    No oxiclean is ok for occasional use with the diapers. You should not have to use it every load. I have never had to use it. All you should have to use is laundry detergent without any dyes, fragrance, or (most important) softeners. Every once in a while you can use some baking powder or white vinegar if you need too.

I wash them twice once with detergent then once without then rinse cycle two-three more times to make sure all the soap is out. The only time I have ever had a stink problem was when I bought inserts FSOT and they came smelling of mildew that took FOREVER to clear up.

No two people seem to have the same wash routine though, it also depends on if your water is hard or soft.