Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone else's newborn go through this?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

anyone else's newborn go through this?

Advertisements
    she is super clingy, she wants to be held through her naps. i think she's got a touch of a cold i think (congested) so i think maybe that's why she's so clingy. anyone have tips, we are still working with the moby and getting her used to it
  2. Senior Member
    My daughter was, is and will super clingy. We had a traumatic experience of separation for multiple days, just 3 days after she was born and since I got back she's been stuck to me, me and only me. The drs claim it's emotional and eventually she'll 'get over it'. However, she's 7 months old, and I've yet to see it even lessening.

I have no tips b/c I'm stuck. However I wanted to tell you I'm sorry, and I know how frustrating it can be.

ETA: I've seen alot of threads lately about baby's being congested for no apparent reason, maybe a cold etc. Our dr explained that infants can be congested for no reason other than the air from birth until about two years old. Their entire nasal passages and sinuses are still developing and changing, and that's what causes the stuffiness. It doesn't have to be anything.
    *** Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. ***
    *** Women's Rule of Thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it! ***
    *** My husband bought me a mood ring the other day. When I'm in a good mood
    it turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a red mark on his forehead. ***

Never go to bed mad, stay up and fight it out.
    ---------------------------------------------
    A half truth is still a whole lie.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    thanks for the info about the congestion. i'm terrified that it is going to turn into something serious. her boogers have a slight color so that's why i think cold.
  4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    thanks for the info about the congestion. i'm terrified that it is going to turn into something serious. her boogers have a slight color so that's why i think cold.
    Has the congestion changed from clear to a color? If so you probably should get her an appointment. You need to be extra cautious of RSV this time of year.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    it's been tinged since we came home from the hospital. the pediatrician didn't seem concerned when i brought it up at her 2 week appointent
  6. HMCS Wife
    HMCS Wife
    I always have to hold Reilly when he takes naps if I lay him down he only sleeps for about 10mins after i lay him down but if he is in my arms he sleeps for ever.
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Some tricks I learned, when you go to put the baby down in their crib either run the hair dryer over the sheets for a few minutes or use a heating pad to heat it up. Nothing will wake a baby up more than a cold bed.( the hair dryer thing usually only works with the second person around not easy to hold it and the baby lol and make sure to take the heating pad off before putting her down just saying some people actually let them sleep on it ) Secondly I found that for my dd ( who doesn't have asthma btw) the neublizer that I used for my son with just some saline in it works wonders ( you can get a neubulizer at sams or costco for about 50 bucks and the saline doesn't need a prescription neither does.) For the congestion. As much as it blows use the bulb syringe that will really be the only thing that will keep her nose clear.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Ellie has always been like that; and she only naps for about 20-30 minutes at time generally when put down. her daycare gives me a schedule for when she sleeps -- and it cracks me up because she takes like 3-4 catnaps (no more than 30 mins at a time, sometimes only for like 10 mins) during the day. i don't know how she functions, considering she doesn't sleep through the night and still nurses to sleep.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    thanks ladies! tomorrow i might swing by target and get a humidifier too
  10. Senior Member
    Aidan has been super clingy to me since birth...

Try squirting some BM up her nose...It sounds crazy but it works.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast