Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Major Dipe Rash...And i have a question...

1. Senior Member

Major Dipe Rash...And i have a question...

Advertisements
    So a friend of mine told me that I couldnt' use anything with Zinc Oxyide with the cloth...Ok, so we've been in sposies...

But I wonder if I should bleach or strip my dipes since I don't know the origin of the rash???
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Use vinegar! I wouldn't use bleach since that can cause a further reaction to your child's hiney.

And for the major diaper rash, try an anti-fungal cream like Tinactic or generic brand.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    you can use boudreaux's butt paste--it'll stain but not affect absorbency. that's what i was told by several CD mommas. also give your kiddo some air time if you can--just let his/her butt air out
  4. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    aired out butts always worked the best for me !!

i hope aiden's butt feels better soon!!
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    it could also be a yeast infection if it is really bad. I you can also use bag balm for protection.. I used it a lot with all my kiddos in spoies, you can get it at tack stores ( technically it's meant for like cow udders, but my doc turned me on to it and it works great!!)

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    With dipe rash, I would use fleece liners to protect the dipes. My kids were sensitive to ALL diaper creams out there, they would just make the rash worse. I used vaseline and sometimes maalox and that worked best for us.
    Aubrey

RIP Jeremy 3/17/78 - 1/16/09
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Cut a few receiving blankets into strips (same width as the diapers, then fold them to fit the length) then lay them inside the diaper that way none of the cream stains the diapers or effects the way they work. Both are important for when you want to resell them.

I have never had to strip any diapers (except for some inserts I bought FSOT but that is a whole other kettle of fish they were mildewed and they came that way!) just wash them with vinegar (it is a natural disinfectant) and rinse them really well.

Also a stubborn rash that won't clear up is 9 times out of 10 a yeast infection.
  8. Senior Member
    Do you think it is the detergent your using to wash the diapers in. I have heard of Charlie's soap causing rashes. Are you rinsing them more than once?
  9. Senior Member
    I have always used Tide on my dipes...never had any trouble, we ran out so I borrowed some Charlies to try out from a girl I bet on DT that is when the rash started, at the same time I had eaten some foods that could have effected his rash. It for sure wasn't Yeast...I know yeast all to well.

With my washing pattern I do a cold wash (to avoid staining,) hot wash w. soap, run it again with a hot wash w/o soap, then into the dryer on high. I don't use prefolds, pockets or anything like that, but do know that the one time DH did dipe wash (right before the rash happened) he didn't do as many runs through the washer like I do.
  10. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    you can use boudreaux's butt paste--it'll stain but not affect absorbency. that's what i was told by several CD mommas. also give your kiddo some air time if you can--just let his/her butt air out
    Love, love, love that stuff, and I also sat the kids in the sink with a baking soda bath.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast