Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOre sling drama in Alabama!!! lol!

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

MOre sling drama in Alabama!!! lol!

Advertisements
    I am in shock.
    First of all my mom is a hairdresser and you know how it is in a beauty shop (gossip city right) Okay so the other day my Mom was doing this ladies hair and for some reason in the shop they were talking about babywearing and slings. Anyway, my Mom said that I use them and that it really works good because dd is so needy and only wants me so that by using it I can still do everything that I need and it keeps dd happy. Well anyway, the lady that my Mom was working on said something along these lines

I saw a lady wearing one the other day and it was the weirdest, most stupid thing that she had ever seen. Then she proceeded to describe everything about it and the wearer. lol! She said the lady was a little bit heavy and the sling was pink, and she had a man with her. lol! My mom said was the guy talk and dark headed. The lady said yes and the girl was blonde. My Mom said, "That was my Daughter!!!!" she said that the lady shut up and didn't say another word.
    Can ya'll believe that? I told my mom that I was a trendsetter. lol! I just thought that it was weird that I wore it around for one weekend and now people are talking about it in the beauty shop. lol! Get a life Dothan, Al!!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Let 'em talk honey... You know small towns, they will be doing it next week... Did your momma scalp her?
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    No but she should have calling me a little heavy!!! lol! No actually my Mom even said that she thought that the sling was weird. I told her that if she had had one she would have loved it.
  4. Senior Member
    Living in CA, it's so strange to hear that people would even think twice about it. LOL. I can't believe how some people are!
  5. Chrissie
    How rude! I always wonder what people are thinking when they see me wearing a sling. I know most are not fazed when they see the pouch slings, but when they see the mei tai with straps tied everywhere I get the weird stares.
  6. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    Eh, Ignore them.

My little Loves!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    I am in shock.
    First of all my mom is a hairdresser and you know how it is in a beauty shop (gossip city right) Okay so the other day my Mom was doing this ladies hair and for some reason in the shop they were talking about babywearing and slings. Anyway, my Mom said that I use them and that it really works good because dd is so needy and only wants me so that by using it I can still do everything that I need and it keeps dd happy. Well anyway, the lady that my Mom was working on said something along these lines

I saw a lady wearing one the other day and it was the weirdest, most stupid thing that she had ever seen. Then she proceeded to describe everything about it and the wearer. lol! She said the lady was a little bit heavy and the sling was pink, and she had a man with her. lol! My mom said was the guy talk and dark headed. The lady said yes and the girl was blonde. My Mom said, "That was my Daughter!!!!" she said that the lady shut up and didn't say another word.
    Can ya'll believe that? I told my mom that I was a trendsetter. lol! I just thought that it was weird that I wore it around for one weekend and now people are talking about it in the beauty shop. lol! Get a life Dothan, Al!!

LOL that sounds about right for this state. Some people here are just behind the times, try not to take it personally, it's THEM not you!!

8. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    That's CRAZY the lady was actually talking about YOU! But ya, I don't know what they're getting all riled up about. I see people all the time here wearing them (so I'm sure ur used to being able to wear ur DD without that much drama) but I guess it's far enough if it's causing a stir like that after 1 week! Sorry they're being like that!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Its okay. lol! I just thought that it was absolute craziness that they were actually talking about me, like I made some sort of stir. lol!!! I does bother me, but I will continue to babywear!!!
  10. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    they can't help it Callie, most people don't believe in carseats lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast