Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended Breastfeeders?

1. Senior Member

Extended Breastfeeders?

Advertisements
    Just wondering if there was anybody else that nursed past the one year mark, or even past the 2 year mark?

Miles nursed until 28 months, and Brock is 15 months and no stopping in sight. The two of them tandem nursed until Brock was 8 months old when Miles weaned (well I just got sick of it lol!) At the end of this month will be 3 years of straight breastfeeding
  2. Chrissie
    I bf my first for 14 months. 2nd for 8 months. DD will be BF until she wants to stop, unless we get past 3 and I do not know if I can BF for that long, lol.
  3. Senior Member
    My sister nursed my niece until she was just over two years old. Becky knew it was time to stop when we were out in public one day and my niece lifted my sister's shirt, said "boobie", and tried to get a drink. hahah

4. Senior Member
    I'm still nursing my 15 month old with no end in sight He would still rather nurse than eat or drink from a cup so I'm trying to work with him on that.
  5. Senior Member
    Brock didn't eat ANYthing until he was 11 months, and didn't really start eating any real amount of food until 13 months. He was also 13 months when he first ate anything off of a spoon- he was just content I guess, lol. But he's a pretty big boy, so we weren't too worried. Now he eats fine, and has always been ok with a cup thank goodness.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I didn't(barely made it a few months), but i just want to say I really respect and admire you for doing so!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed

My dd did for 2 yrs I am proud of that
  8. Senior Member
    I'm still breastfeeding my 11 month old but he also drinks from cups and bottles, except at night (when I need to rest and he wants mommy to wake up and feed him)
  9. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    First son who is now 14 I nursed till he was 2. My second son who is 7 he weaned himself at around 10 months, Annabelle who is now 12 months I plan on nursing till she is ready to wean....right now she is almost on a regression where she wants to nurse more than eat which is ok. Our lactation nurse at the nursing group said its more than fine.
  10. Senior Member
    I'm afraid I nursed just over 3 years (obviously not without regular food, too)! I get a lot of crap for that, but he just wasn't ready to stop no matter what I tried. In retrospect, I wouldn't have nursed quite as long.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast