Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All my cosleeping momma

1. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*

All my cosleeping momma

Advertisements
    What age did your children stop cosleeping? If they were older how did you get them into thier own beds? We are having such a hard time getting Reagan into her own bed. She will only go to sleep in there with us, of course thats how its been for the past 22 months in our bed so I expect that. Once we get her to sleep she will wake up in the middle of the night and get in our bed. Sometimes its between 3-5 am, but nights like tonight she just will not fall asleep well enough for us to leave the bed. Its starting to drive me nuts, DH is about to deploy and with another baby in the house I cant lay in her bed ALL night. I need to get her out of our bed but I also have another baby who still eats all night. I need help so bad, I feel like Im in over my head!!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I never EVER started that co-sleeping stuff. I just can't do it ever. I need my sleep and that is without baby in bed. I am helping my friend with her dd who is the same age. It takes a lot of time and patience but we started out with a bedtime routine of bath, story in bed, prayers and then tucking in. If they get up, you have to keep putting them down and DON'T GIVE IN EVER! NOT EVEN THE FIRST NIGHT! it may seem mean but trust me it does more damage to give in. after a week of this, my friend's kid has been staying in bed and not getting up. My advice with the next one is do NOT cosleep and if you do put them in their own bed by at least 6 months.
  3. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Crystal* View Post
    What age did your children stop cosleeping? If they were older how did you get them into thier own beds? We are having such a hard time getting Reagan into her own bed. She will only go to sleep in there with us, of course thats how its been for the past 22 months in our bed so I expect that. Once we get her to sleep she will wake up in the middle of the night and get in our bed. Sometimes its between 3-5 am, but nights like tonight she just will not fall asleep well enough for us to leave the bed. Its starting to drive me nuts, DH is about to deploy and with another baby in the house I cant lay in her bed ALL night. I need to get her out of our bed but I also have another baby who still eats all night. I need help so bad, I feel like Im in over my head!!
    My brother is trying to break my niece of the habit of getting into their bed at night (she's in 2nd grade). Everytime she crawls into their bed, my SIL immediately puts her back into her own bed. She eventually started shutting & locking their bedroom door (which caused crying of course).

My advice to you is don't lay in bed with your DD, everytime she gets into your bed, put her back immediately. Maybe put on a lullaby CD for her to go to sleep with, shut her door & leave her be. if she cries, so be it. Don't give in. She has to learn some how.

Somewhere between 6 & 10 months, DD stopped co-sleeping... More like we kicked her out because she kept kicking us! We tried the crib next to us in our room for a short while but she always wanted to get back into bed with us. I HATE the "cry it out" method, but the very first night we tried it, she slept a complete 12 hours - by herself... in her room!

Good luck!

4. Sorry Ms.Jackson, I am for real................
    Sorry Ms.Jackson, I am for real................
    ds is 5 and he still sleeps with me. the only time i can get him to sleep in his bed is if i sleep in it with him. i have tried just leaving him in there and letting him cry, but he cries till he pukes. so i figured i would rather have him sleep with me than clean up puke everynight. if dh and i want a bed to ourselves i will have to lay with him in his bed till he is good and asleep. then we hope he stays good and asleep long enough for us to enjoy ourselves. my dd slept with me till she was about 4 and moved out on her own free will, she still once in a while ends up in the bed with us sometime in the middle of the night, but thats if she wakes up and is scared for some reason. i'm hoping ds will want to move out on his own soon too, esp with a new baby coming. this baby will not be sleeping with us, we have learned out lesson!!!!!

My beautiful Children

Maria
  5. Senior Member
    Dh is ready for Dd to start sleeping in her crib at night - I don't know that I'm ready for that just yet. I like her close to me. (Sometimes she'll sleep in her bassinet right next to me, but hasn't lasted all night as of yet.)

Sorry, I'm not much help - hopefully Ray will start sleeping in her bed thru the night soon!
  6. X
    X
    We're going on 7 months & no signs of quitting any time soon. When Z is ready then I'll be ready.
  7. Senior Member
    Trent stills co-sleeps parttime with us. Around 18 months when he stopped BF'ing, we moved him to his own bed. We laid with him til he fell asleep and we still do. It takes him maybe 10 minutes to fall asleep and I take all that time in for cuddling. Usually after midnight is when he comes and gets in our bad for the rest of the morning. He is almost 27 months old and I will continue to let him sleep with because there will come a day that he wont have anything to do with me!!
  8. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    I dont mind that she sleeps with us, but I have another baby to take care of also and its hard to when our oldest wont sleep without us.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    DS is 2.5 and we put a mattress right next to our bed. That is what works for us. Right now, because of teething, he is clingy again. I like the idea incase he is sick to sleep close because I have a bucket ready!
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Taylor was around 4 months when we put her in the crib in her own room. There wasn't much of a transition. We just put her in there one night, I was sad, but it worked out perfectly. She slept through the night for the first time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast