Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: sling help

1. Banned
    Banned

sling help

Advertisements
    I've been wanting to get a sling but don't really know where to start. I found this one on ebay but have no clue if it's a good style or anything. What do you think?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TODAY.m238.lVI
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I love those ones, you can use them for ages. good choice

3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    that looks pretty cute and useful. I have always used NoJo because that was what was available when the kids were babies ( that I knew of anyway)

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. X
    X
    That's pretty similar to a PS sling! I'm wondering what material it's made of?
  5. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    personally i didn't like that kind of sling, but that's cuz i'm very attached to my moby wrap.

however, i have friends who like that style
  6. X
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
    personally i didn't like that kind of sling, but that's cuz i'm very attached to my moby wrap.
    I have a few friends that complain about the Moby stretching out too easy. Like they only get maybe an hour use and then they feel baby slipping. Is that true for you?
  7. Senior Member
    Pouch style is touch and go. It's not adjustable so if you end up with the wrong size or something you can end up stuck. But that is just my opinion. I've used both Pouch and Ring style slings and I perfer the ring style because you can tighten and loosen as needed. Also then my DH can use the same carrier I use.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph* View Post
    I have a few friends that complain about the Moby stretching out too easy. Like they only get maybe an hour use and then they feel baby slipping. Is that true for you?
    A moby I heard is a great starter wrap, but once you get the hang of it, looking at something more solid and stuff like a Didymos is for people who are wearing ALL the time. I actually just converted at Didymos wrap into a ring sling for a friend...HOLY CRAP it was awesome and she loves it!!

I personally have never wrapped, I'm just not talented enough...but I can superman toss a 7 mo on my back in the middle of a parking lot w/o thinking twice (yeah practice) I think wraps take more brain skill than I have!! to wrapping mommas!!
  9. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    ya know, i've had her in there for a couple hours at a time and never noticed anything. it's easy to re-position, if needed, though...and honestly, i don't wear her 24/7... just a couple hours of the day when i do housework and don't want to just carry her normally or put her in my lap

but i've heard good things about the didymos. i want to make a ring sling but i'm not domestically inclined.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I'm very confused at the whole baby wearing thing. There are so many things out there. I'm a big girl so I need something that will fit me but I don't want a ton of extra fabric hanging either. I guess I just feel overwhelmed. I'm not looking to cradle carry Landen, I want something that I can carry him facing me or facing out or on my hip.