Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cloth diapers and day care

1. Senior Member

cloth diapers and day care

Advertisements
    If you use cloth diapers will they use them at a day care or will you still have to supply disposables? TIA
  2. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    thats a great question
  3. Senior Member
    I think that would be at the providers discretion to be honest.

ETA~ But it is also your choice as a parent to find someone who will do things as closely to how you would do them yourself. HTH
    blinkies by Britt
  4. Senior Member
    Personally, I don't think it's right to ask them to have to wash out your kids cloth diaper every changing. It's different than having to wash out one that's potty training and had an accident.
  5. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    they could just put the soiled one in a bag, like what cding parents have to do when out. they wouldnt have to wash it... however, it's totally their discretion. we will use sposies for ellie's provider
  6. Senior Member
    When I worked at a major chain day care (Kindercare) they did not allow cloth diapers to be used. That was long ago though
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by inmansgirl06 View Post
    If you use cloth diapers will they use them at a day care or will you still have to supply disposables? TIA
    It depends on the provider, because even if they don't clean the diapers themselves it does require more time. I would doubt centers would accept them. You would just have to ask the provider, there are special bags you can buy that the provider can use for the soiled diapers.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    OK here is somethings that I know from having had a child that went to daycare full time.

1. you would have to find a child care provider that let CD's come in.

2. Daycare centers will not take CD's so you have to find a in home provider (all the ones in the places I have lived in do not anyway)

3. They do not have to rinse the diaper, all they have to do is roll it up and toss it in a wet bag (which is a PUL cloth bag with a zipper so no smells or anything like that). It does nto take anymore time to change a cloth diaper child then it does a paper diaper child. You prestuff the pockets so that they are ready for use when the child goes to DC and AIO's are JUST like a paper diaper in the way that they are used no prep work at all.

For child care settings I would only ever send my child with either a pocket diaper OR a all in one because those are very much like a disposable.

*whoops I erased part of my post I are dumb!

What I said was for the very few times my youngest has to go to day care I just keep a pack of disposables in the home for him. He uses either Tushies, 7th Generation, or Nature Baby Care. (all of which are chlorine free, NBC's are completely 100% biodegradable.) They work just as well as mainstream diapers, (never had any leaks except for the poo blowouts that I get no matter what the disposable is mainstream/earth friendly) and do not have the chemical filled gels or bleach.
  9. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    I NBCs!!!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
    I NBCs!!!
    Me too so far they are my fav paper diaper! I love that even the diaper trash bags you can buy for the diapers are also 100% biodegradable!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast