Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Diapers

1. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*

Cloth Diapers

Advertisements
    Ok so Im a little interested in them.....but I know NOTHING about them. I need some help. I was looking at some sites and for like one diaper its like 20 bucks, thats how much I spend a month on disposables. I do have the prefolds(I think) that Im using as burp rags.
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    if you do a search on SOS for "cloth diapers" or "CD mamas" or "cloth diapering" you'll fnid a ton of threads with awesome info
  3. RockstarMom
    Yes, but that $20 diaper (depending on if it's a one-size or not) will last you more wearings than one pack of diapers- much longer if you take care of it.

Go here for info:
    http://diaperpin.com/home.asp

If you want to make your own (much cheaper) go here:
    http://verybaby.com/
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yep to what rockstarmom and bex said.

also if you have gerber prefolds that you can get from walmart or target or whatever they are not thick enough to be used really for diapers. the diapers like chinese or indian prefolds are thicker in the middle which is the super absorbant part.
  5. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    Ive searched the threads and still dont get it. Maybe Im just dumb.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    diaperpin.com has some really good easy breakdowns

this is a good site too: http://sunshinediapers.com/
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have used the gerbers to stuff a pocket diaper in a pinch and I have even used them the old fashioned way. They are not a natural fiber though they have polyester fill in them. Which sort of defeats some peoples purpose in cloth diapering. You can also buy diapers used, or check out Miricle Diapers which is for low income families.
  8. Senior Member
    I got mine off Ebay, I spent no more than $5 for each and then she combined them to save on shipping. It worked out great
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Green~Mammy View Post
    I have used the gerbers to stuff a pocket diaper in a pinch and I have even used them the old fashioned way. They are not a natural fiber though they have polyester fill in them. Which sort of defeats some peoples purpose in cloth diapering. You can also buy diapers used, or check out Miricle Diapers which is for low income families.
    I use gerber flats (the ones w/o the poly fill) and gdiaper covers and that has been great for us. Also I use floursack towels (I htink that is what they are) as flats also. I'm not a fan of pockets, all in ones, as my method has been great for me....

I am a member of diapertraders.com as well as diaperswappers.com I love them!! Also check your craigs list, sometimes you'd be surprised what you might find!! That's where I scored some of my stash!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast