Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kat

1. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*

Kat

Advertisements
    I know Gracie was a preemie also and I was wondering did she have latching on issues? With Rhyann she doesnt really like to latch on and it takes forever to get her comfortable enough to eat. I was wondering if Gracie was like that how long it took before she took to it well.
  2. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
  3. Kat
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    Oh yeah. She had issues. Still does to this day Im still mainly pumping for her . Although she does do ok, she still doesnt seem to latch on with a perfect suckle.

She gets very angry sometimes with breastfeeding. I noticed though that if I pump for a few minutes it makes my nipple elongated (sp) like a bottle and she can latch onto that easier.
  4. Kat
    Also she seems to fall asleep after only a few minutes of nursing.
    With the bottle she will finish it, but nursing seems to tire her out.

It stresses me out sometimes But I give it a try at least once a day, and sometimes she surprises me.
  5. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Oh yeah. She had issues. Still does to this day Im still mainly pumping for her . Although she does do ok, she still doesnt seem to latch on with a perfect suckle.

She gets very angry sometimes with breastfeeding. I noticed though that if I pump for a few minutes it makes my nipple elongated (sp) like a bottle and she can latch onto that easier.
    Hmmm maybe I should do the pump thing...Rhyann will fight me about it and I hate it. It takes me about 5 minutes to get her latched on and half the time it isnt even a good latch, I just bare the pain so she will eat. I wonder how long this is go on, since I know Gracie is 2 months....
  6. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    I wears Rhyann out also!! When she pulls off I wrap her up and lay her down and like 5 minutes later shes hungry again. So for like an hour Im feeding her off and on.
  7. Kat
    I get frustrated easily and give up way to quicky That is my major downfall. But if you keep at it, and keep helping her, she will get it!! If you find out any secrets to it too, let me know
  8. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I get frustrated easily and give up way to quicky That is my major downfall. But if you keep at it, and keep helping her, she will get it!! If you find out any secrets to it too, let me know
    When she fights me at first and is crying(I dont know if Gracie does that) but I take her off and give her a paci to calm her down, then try again, it normaly helps. Thats the only thing I can get to work, and sometimes it doesnt do that great of a job....Positions also help. She really likes the football hold and will eat the best in that position. Have you tried different positions?
  9. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    Oh and I get frustrated really fast also, sometimes I make DH take her for a bit just so I can take a few minutes to relax.
  10. Kat
    Quote Originally Posted by *Crystal* View Post
    Oh and I get frustrated really fast also, sometimes I make DH take her for a bit just so I can take a few minutes to relax.
    Oh I hear ya on that. I do that too.

Yeah she does cry when we first start trying to latch. Dh said its because my big ole boobs scare her I havent tried the paci, I will have to do that, get her in the suckle mood too

Usually the only hold I can do is the football hold because of my nipple position, but SHE only likes the cradle hold, so I am sitting here hold my boob off of her face the whole time she is nursing. Not the most comfortable for me, but hey... this is for her And I figure eventually she will HOPEFULLY get the hang of it.

Did the lactation consultant help you any? Mine didnt. I breastfed my ds, albeit that was 10 years ago but she wasnt trying to show me anything I didnt already know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast