Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exciting News!

1. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    77.3%

Big Grin Exciting News!

Advertisements
    So back in February I posted a thread asking if many people had much experience on dual mil relationships and how things worked for them.

Since before then, I had wanted to join the army for a good year (when I was in high school I wanted to join AF but I think Army would fit me a lot better) and periodically brought it up to my family and DH, but instead of listening to the reason why I want to join and what I want to do, he kept brushing it off because all he heard was "SEPARATION" which of course will happen, but we finally had a really really really good conversation and weighed our options, the good and the bad, and decided that it may work very well for us if I do join (despite the distance) we're up for the challenge.
    So with that being said, I have some loose ends I need to tie up while I'm here in NC and hopefully within in the next month, I'll be moving back to California (my home state) to get started in the enlistment process!

This is something I have wanted for a very long time and have done a pretty good amount of research on and seeking advice from different places on how being married and dual mil is experience wise, and I'm ready for it! It also helps that DH is actually quite excited for me to start on my journey in the Army as well!
  2. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%
    Congratulations! I wish you all the best in your personal journey with the Army and in your relationship!
  3. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    77.3%
    Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    Congratulations! I wish you all the best in your personal journey with the Army and in your relationship!
    Thank you! It's something that has been in my head for the past few years but only really became something serious for me in the past year and it's something I really want, so I'm very excited to start this new journey personally and with my DH's and mines relationship.
  4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%
    Is your DH Army also? Do you have an idea of what you would want your MOS to be?
  5. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    32.15%
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Lv. Percent
    23.4%

Yay! I'm happy to hear this!
  7. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    77.3%
    Thanks everyone!

Yes DH is army as well.
    As for me, I really want to go into intel so assuming I score well on the asvab and slots are available for it, I want to go 35M!
  8. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    87.63%
    Why are you moving back to California to start the enlistment process?
  9. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    77.3%
    Because I'd rathe leave from California where all my family is at and so that is my home of record. Also DH, is on TDY in NC so this isn't where he's going to be stationed. He will only be here until Sept./Oct. and hopefully enlisting doesnt take that long, but things happen. Besides, even if it didnt take that long, I don't want him to worry about moving with all my belongings as well as his and all the crap we've accumulated. I figure the less for him to pack on his own, the better ( and I really don't want him to lose any of my stuff when he leaves Bragg ) I know I can start the process here and transfer all my info to California, but I'd rather do everything in one place and not hassle with that.
    Last edited by Figgychick; 05-03-2017 at 08:00 PM.
  10. d12
    The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
    The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
    Lv. Percent
    34.29%
    Yay! Congrats and good luck!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast