Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BuzzFeed 10 Reasons Military Spouses Seriously Rule

1. Regular Member

BuzzFeed 10 Reasons Military Spouses Seriously Rule

Advertisements
    Just thought some of you would enjoy this!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/usaa/10-reas...seriously-rule
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Funny, all those things apply to all sorts of people I know who have zero military affiliation
  3. Senior Member
    This would be best in the military pride section. You should contact a mod and have it moved.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    Funny, all those things apply to all sorts of people I know who have zero military affiliation

I very much dislike posts such as the one the OP created for that exact reason.
  5. Senior Member
    I agree about the military pride section.

I do have to ask, why do people get so, I don't know, almost angry about posts like this? I am not excluding myself from that reaction at all. I get worked up when I read things like this and automatically jump to the 'military spouses are no different, my husband's job is just a job, etc, etc.

I never thought about it before. To be honest, I have no idea why I have the reaction I do to others expressing military pride.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RetepDoc View Post
    This would be best in the military pride section. You should contact a mod and have it moved.
    I've contacted a Mod to ask that it is moved to the military pride section.

Honestly, I don't see a big deal with it and I don't know why people get angry about posts like this either. I'm not gung-ho military pride either, but I think these sorts of things have some truth in them for military spouses. I just thought it would be a nice thing for some people to see.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I agree about the military pride section.

I do have to ask, why do people get so, I don't know, almost angry about posts like this? I am not excluding myself from that reaction at all. I get worked up when I read things like this and automatically jump to the 'military spouses are no different, my husband's job is just a job, etc, etc.

I never thought about it before. To be honest, I have no idea why I have the reaction I do to others expressing military pride.
    I think they annoy me because I don't relate to any of it and aside from people I've met and get along with from this site, I kind of have a negative stereotype in my head of milsos and I don't want to be associated with that. Like I'm not any different than I was before I met my husband, I don't really care that he's in the army and I have no pride at all about it because to me it doesn't matter, it's just something I roll my eyes at.
    Banned
    I can't even blame BuzzFeed for this dribble, it's a sponsored post by USAA
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think they annoy me because I don't relate to any of it and aside from people I've met and get along with from this site, I kind of have a negative stereotype in my head of milsos and I don't want to be associated with that. Like I'm not any different than I was before I met my husband, I don't really care that he's in the army and I have no pride at all about it because to me it doesn't matter, it's just something I roll my eyes at.
    I think my reaction is similar to yours. I find my identity through my job and personal life. I don't relate much to the military other than the fact that DH is a part of it. I am proud of him, of course, but I would be just as proud if he was a teacher, lawyer, etc. It's like I find it personally offensive to be lumped into a group of women with no common link other than their husband's career.

And sorry to threadjack, OP!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  10. Moderator

This one isn't so bad, really. It doesn't say or imply that other people DON'T do these things or that military spouses are better than anyone else. These things apply to lots of military spouses I know. And other spouses, but I mean, it's from USAA, so of course they're gonna want to give props to their demographic. Most of it doesn't really apply to me because DH doesn't deploy, that's the only issue I have with all the military stuff is the assumption that military = deployment and all that comes with it, but heck yeah on the moving stuff for us... seven times in less than seven years and I am a total pro at the cross-country move.

Also I moved it to mil pride.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast