Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MILITARY LOVE

1. Banned
    Banned
    Advertisements
    I didn't know you couldn't discuss/disagree with things in this section. I swear I have seen threads before where replies didn't necessarily agree with the OP. Are there rules posted somewhere? Aren't rules of a particular forum usually stickied at the top?
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    I didn't know you couldn't discuss/disagree with things in this section. I swear I have seen threads before where replies didn't necessarily agree with the OP. Are there rules posted somewhere? Aren't rules of a particular forum usually stickied at the top?
    I asked this in the Help Desk, because like you, I had a vague recollection of there being some extra rules here, but I searched and couldn't find any. Staff responded that it was an oversight and that they are working on a sticky.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Senior Member
    I have seen a lot of beautiful, great love in my day. A friend whose husband and the father of her toddler died in his 30s. A woman and her baby. Relationships that have been tested and endured unimaginable trails. None of those have been "military love", whatever that even means. I am happy, OP, that your love pleases you and that it feels strong and powerful to you. I would hope if would be just as strong and powerful if there was no military involved. I suspect you love that man very much, and that what he does is irrelevant to that.
    Last edited by villanelle; 04-23-2014 at 12:57 PM.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    I can relate to "Colder Weather" but mainly because I live in the friggen Arctic, and it's colder.

As for the my love is greater than your love, you do realize you can love your man without putting others down, right?
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I have seen a lot of beautiful, great love in my day. A friend whose husband and the father of her toddler who died in his 30s. A woman and her baby. Relationships that have been tested and endured unimaginable trails. None of those have been "military love", whatever that even means. I am happy, OP, that your love pleases you and that it feels strong and powerful to you. I would hope if would be just as strong and powerful if there was no military involved. I suspect you love that man very much, and that what he does is irrelevant to that.
  6. Senior Member
    I have seen a lot of beautiful, great love in my day. A friend whose husband and the father of her toddler who died in his 30s. A woman and her baby. Relationships that have been tested and endured unimaginable trails. None of those have been "military love", whatever that even means. I am happy, OP, that your love pleases you and that it feels strong and powerful to you. I would hope if would be just as strong and powerful if there was no military involved. I suspect you love that man very much, and that what he does is irrelevant to that.
    This.

Why do people (Generalization) say that their love is stronger or better than anyone else's because their SO is in the military.. Um, No, No it is not. Your love is just like everyone elses, and I would hope you would love your SO even if he wasn't in the military.
  7. my kitchen is for dancing
    my kitchen is for dancing
    well said!!!
    My best friend her husband works as a business man for a German company. He was gone from Feb 2011 and returned in July 2012. His business trip was to Iran. What I tell her and their kids? Her love is not as great as yours or mine because her husband is just a business man?
    love is love.. if you not love your spouse because of who he or she is, instead you love him or her because of a job it is not love for me.
  8. Senior Member
    I hope your "husband" is a lifer
  9. my kitchen is for dancing
    my kitchen is for dancing
    Quote Originally Posted by Candice. View Post
    I hope your "husband" is a lifer
    sorry for the question in between but since Im German and still learning the language "lifer" means career soldier?
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoraAnna View Post
    sorry for the question in between but since Im German and still learning the language "lifer" means career soldier?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast