Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MILITARY LOVE

1. my kitchen is for dancing
    my kitchen is for dancing
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I wonder why the divorce rate is so high then.
    ^^ very good point.
    love is love. missing is missing. There is no difference because of a job
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

`
    Last edited by Volare.; 05-19-2014 at 04:43 AM.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I wonder why the divorce rate is so high then.
    Boom.

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Deleting my comment as I think it may not be allowed in this section.

I'm glad you feel so strongly about your relationship OP, but "military love" doesn't make it better than good ole regular love.

"You are platinum in a world gone grey."
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoraAnna View Post
    ^^ very good point.
    love is love. missing is missing. There is no difference because of a job
    with this.
  6. ...and carry a towel.
    ...and carry a towel.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    Beg to differ on the bolded. Eep.
    Yeah...

It is great that you are proud of your boyfriend, and you find your love story beautiful. But I'm sorry, but military love is not "the greatest." It is just love, no better or worse than than this boring "regular" love that other people have. It is not somehow superior and to be admired more. Nor is it harder by default, and thus deserving more admiration - some "regular people" face unimaginable adversities together in their "regular lives," while some military people have rather happily boring lives. And sorry, but I don't think that being proud by putting others down is admirable. Your love story is beautiful and great, I'm happy for you. But so is everyone else's.

And I know this post might be seen as inappropriate for the section. I am not going to delete it. Being proud, happy, in love with your military man, that is great, kudos to you, keep on. But devaluing the relationships of others in order to feel so, is, in my opinion, not cool at all. And I don't think this tendency should be encouraged in any group, be it military wives, doctor husbands, or CEO brother-in-laws.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DAMMIT. I missed a bunch of deleted comments. Serves me right for not bringing my phone onto the elliptical
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Hedgehog View Post
    Yeah...

It is great that you are proud of your boyfriend, and you find your love story beautiful. But I'm sorry, but military love is not "the greatest." It is just love, no better or worse than than this boring "regular" love that other people have. It is not somehow superior and to be admired more. Nor is it harder by default, and thus deserving more admiration - some "regular people" face unimaginable adversities together in their "regular lives," while some military people have rather happily boring lives. And sorry, but I don't think that being proud by putting others down is admirable. Your love story is beautiful and great, I'm happy for you. But so is everyone else's.

And I know this post might be seen as inappropriate for the section. I am not going to delete it. Being proud, happy, in love with your military man, that is great, kudos to you, keep on. But devaluing the relationships of others in order to feel so, is, in my opinion, not cool at all. And I don't think this tendency should be encouraged in any group, be it military wives, doctor husbands, or CEO brother-in-laws.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    DAMMIT. I missed a bunch of deleted comments. Serves me right for not bringing my phone onto the elliptical
    it would be nice to have it all cleared up so that in the future we can all know exactly what is allowed. I would love to "undelete" my comment without risking the consequences.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Hedgehog View Post
    Yeah...

Couldn't have said it better.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast