Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DH is out in the field...

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

DH is out in the field...

Advertisements
    DH is "out in the field" -- well about as "out in the field" as they get around here. (For those of you who don't know, DH is currently in the USMC's enlisted to officer program so right now we're just 'stationed' at his college).

Anyway, they were out for the night, and are coming back tonight. And I'm running around happily cleaning (say what?!) and kinda wondering to myself why I'm so happy today... and then it hit me. This feels like normal.

I miss his field workups and the cammies and the day packs!

I miss being excited for him to come back home and anticipating what kinda meal would be really great after a cold/rainy/whatever night.
    I miss trying to run around to get all the chores done b/c I know he'll be tired, and he'll walk in and be like, "Aww the house looks perfect! You didnt have to do that! I would've helped." and me being like, "I know... that's why I did it!"

Our life here is actually pretty sweet on all accounts. I just never thought I'd miss him being stationed at a REAL base the way I do.

Maybe I've just gone goofy in the head. I mean, I HATE cleaning normally. LOL

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I know what you mean! When dh started back with drills after deployment, I thought how normal everything felt again. It's comforting in a really strange way.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Jack Sparrow View Post
    I know what you mean! When dh started back with drills after deployment, I thought how normal everything felt again. It's comforting in a really strange way.
    Strange is right! I mean, I know my OP makes it sound like I'm Miss Suzie Homemaker, but I assure you I'm not!
    I work full-time and barely have time to cook or clean, let alone do both in one day usually!

www.SnarkyFit.com
  4. Senior Member
    awww that's so sweet though. I hope to be just like you
  5. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    I guess the closest I can compare is a couple months ago when I went home 3 weeks before DH's leave, and when his arrival date was coming up I was all excited and nervous like I hadn't seen him in months. I guess I miss the homecomings.
    Patrick & Jacqui - Voluntarily putting up with each other's crazy since June 29th, 2011