Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69

Thread: 35 Things in Every Military Home

  1. Banned
    Reagan's Avatar
    Reagan is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,960
    #21
    Advertisements
    I have a lot of those and DB doesn't even live with me full time He's taking over
  2. Super Speshil
    SoulCupcake's Avatar
    SoulCupcake is offline
    Super Speshil
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Posts
    9,882
    #22
    7/35.
    Pax, Aeon
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    katinahat's Avatar
    katinahat is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,893

    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SingWeJoyous View Post
    I haaaaaaaaaaate the stickers! I go nuts taking all the stickers off when we move. No unit coin here, no white walls, although we didn't buy a house. This house has some pretty epic wallpaper and wood-paneling . DEFINITELY the covers and he really never can find them! I swear every morning, he doesn't even finish the question before I tell him where his cover is. He only has one pair of boots, but I did count #1, and his socks are green, not tan, but I counted #35 because there is always protein powder here in abundance.

    ETA: Actually, a couple of bedroom walls are white, but there's posters and pictures up on them. I could count that one too I guess, but the majority of the house is either blue, wood-paneled, or the kitchen. There. Are. Roosters. In. My. Kitchen. I never would have thought I would have roosters on my kitchen walls. I'll give that one half a point.
    Gooootcha! I just kind of take them off as we come across them-- hence why after two years, we still occasionally find stickers No unit coin? That's so odd to me for the Air Force! They go coin crazy! Does he ever get coined and have to buy drinks then? DH can always find his covers, but they're in plain sight, so they definitely got counted DH only has one pair too, but we still have my sage set from my ABUs, so that puts us in the multiple range lol. Roosters??? That's kind of funny, though Are you keeping them??
    ​​​

    “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

  4. Moderator
    TheSisterWife's Avatar
    TheSisterWife is offline
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20,561

    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Gooootcha! I just kind of take them off as we come across them-- hence why after two years, we still occasionally find stickers No unit coin? That's so odd to me for the Air Force! They go coin crazy! Does he ever get coined and have to buy drinks then? DH can always find his covers, but they're in plain sight, so they definitely got counted DH only has one pair too, but we still have my sage set from my ABUs, so that puts us in the multiple range lol. Roosters??? That's kind of funny, though Are you keeping them??
    Have to buy drinks? I do not know this tradition of which you speak. Oh my gosh I hate the roosters, but yes we're keeping them because it's rented and they won't let us take wallpaper down. They're like... topiary roosters too. We're only living in this house for a year though so I shall bid them adieu in good time.
  5. Moderator
    TheSisterWife's Avatar
    TheSisterWife is offline
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20,561

    #25
    Oh btw, it's a pretty common joke in the linguist community that there should just be a separate branch for linguists... they're like the bastard child of the Air Force. Nothing seems to work like elsewhere.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    katinahat's Avatar
    katinahat is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,893

    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SingWeJoyous View Post
    Have to buy drinks? I do not know this tradition of which you speak. Oh my gosh I hate the roosters, but yes we're keeping them because it's rented and they won't let us take wallpaper down. They're like... topiary roosters too. We're only living in this house for a year though so I shall bid them adieu in good time.
    Yeah, it's called getting "coined", IIRC. Someone takes a coin out (usually from their wallet) and puts it on the table. Everyone else does the same. If anyone doesn't have a coin, they owe those with the coins a round of drinks. They don't do it too terribly often, but it definitely happened a few times to me!

    Omg. For some reason, I thought that you bought the house! Are you guys buying next year or hoping to leave the area eventually?
    ​​​

    “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

  7. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    the_lepus's Avatar
    the_lepus is offline
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9,707
    #27
    DB put a case of MRE's in my car and said "Hold these. I'll be back for them"

  8. Moderator
    TheSisterWife's Avatar
    TheSisterWife is offline
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20,561

    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Yeah, it's called getting "coined", IIRC. Someone takes a coin out (usually from their wallet) and puts it on the table. Everyone else does the same. If anyone doesn't have a coin, they owe those with the coins a round of drinks. They don't do it too terribly often, but it definitely happened a few times to me!

    Omg. For some reason, I thought that you bought the house! Are you guys buying next year or hoping to leave the area eventually?
    We decided last-minute not to buy right then. We might look again when our lease is almost up, since we'll actually be here and able to look around. He's hoping to get out and go contractor in a few years so we'll probably be here forever- it may be that we end up waiting until then because he'd make so much more money and we'll be able to afford a better house. Either way though, we're not staying in the rooster house. It would be a great house if the landlady maintained it AT ALL, but she doesn't, and she doesn't take care of things when we call her. We moved in almost two months ago and we still only have one working bathroom sink, three epic plumbing leaks, a furnace that doesn't heat, a fireplace we can't use, and we only have smoke/CO detectors because I bought and installed them myself. She is truly awful.
  9. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    the_lepus's Avatar
    the_lepus is offline
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9,707
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    It did, but I mean I just took it as "plates from a different place". We don't have three cars, so obviously we don't have plates from three different places. Most folks have to get new plates within like 30 days or something, depending on the state.

    Okay, gotcha I was like darn, unit coins are so much fun! Bummer if the Marines don't have them!
    They do have them. DB got two for the ball...they were also made as bottle openers.

  10. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    be: pistachio's Avatar
    be: pistachio is offline
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Let's be honest; Okinawa is not Japan.
    Posts
    3,717

    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    I have a lot of those and DB doesn't even live with me full time He's taking over
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •