Who has tan socks? DH's are all green.
    Marines

we have 15 of them
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    We have 3 lol. One being the sports memorabilia
    Boots, sports stuff, and white walls?

You're so lucky that he doesn't have to shine his boots lol. That stupid polish rubs off on our carpet when DH kneels and we have to try and clean it off. So annoying! And wait, I thought you had Texas plates! And he doesn't have his uniform covers? And your DH doesn't have a unit coin? Does Marine Corps not do that?
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Boots, sports stuff, and white walls?

You're so lucky that he doesn't have to shine his boots lol. That stupid polish rubs off on our carpet when DH kneels and we have to try and clean it off. So annoying! And wait, I thought you had Texas plates! And he doesn't have his uniform covers? And your DH doesn't have a unit coin? Does Marine Corps not do that?
    Boots, the pin back things being EVERYWHERE, and sports stuff! Our walls are off white lmao. Yep I have Texas plates but I must've read that one wrong! I thought it said there were tons from different places

To be fair this is DH's first duty station and we have a closet full of random shit, so if there's a unit coin it's most likely there and I haven't seen it
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by SingWeJoyous View Post
    3/35. I don't even have a coach bag, which I'm shocked isn't listed!
    I'm so confused by the super low numbers lol. Covers, boots, and a unit coin seem par for the course. You guys bought a house, so I could see you having no white walls. No unpacked boxes or occasional leftover stickers, I am impressed
    ​​​

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I guess when I was reading this it (to me) sounded like when they said covers for example that there were just a whole bunch. DH only gets one of the types he needs. He has one pair of boots, etc. that's why I had a low number
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Boots, the pin back things being EVERYWHERE, and sports stuff! Our walls are off white lmao. Yep I have Texas plates but I must've read that one wrong! I thought it said there were tons from different places

To be fair this is DH's first duty station and we have a closet full of random shit, so if there's a unit coin it's most likely there and I haven't seen it
    It did, but I mean I just took it as "plates from a different place". We don't have three cars, so obviously we don't have plates from three different places. Most folks have to get new plates within like 30 days or something, depending on the state.

Okay, gotcha I was like darn, unit coins are so much fun! Bummer if the Marines don't have them!
    ​​​

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I guess when I was reading this it (to me) sounded like when they said covers for example that there were just a whole bunch. DH only gets one of the types he needs. He has one pair of boots, etc. that's why I had a low number
    Yeah, but there are multiple uniforms, so multiple covers That's generally at least three!
    ​​​

8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    4. An assortment of alcohol glasses from different balls.
    We have SO many of these! They are perfect for cocktails!

life's a party, rock your body
  9. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    I'm so confused by the super low numbers lol. Covers, boots, and a unit coin seem par for the course. You guys bought a house, so I could see you having no white walls. No unpacked boxes or occasional leftover stickers, I am impressed
    I haaaaaaaaaaate the stickers! I go nuts taking all the stickers off when we move. No unit coin here, no white walls, although we didn't buy a house. This house has some pretty epic wallpaper and wood-paneling . DEFINITELY the covers and he really never can find them! I swear every morning, he doesn't even finish the question before I tell him where his cover is. He only has one pair of boots, but I did count #1, and his socks are green, not tan, but I counted #35 because there is always protein powder here in abundance.

ETA: Actually, a couple of bedroom walls are white, but there's posters and pictures up on them. I could count that one too I guess, but the majority of the house is either blue, wood-paneled, or the kitchen. There. Are. Roosters. In. My. Kitchen. I never would have thought I would have roosters on my kitchen walls. I'll give that one half a point.
  10. Senior Member

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but 19/35... Except the socks are black not tan, and the ball gown I have is really pretty
    But in my defense, with both of us on active duty, that's twice the socks and uniform pieces to be lying around...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast