Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Omg this saying.

1. Banned
    Banned

Big Grin Omg this saying.

Advertisements
    Okay so I found this saying on Pintrest and I just thought I would post it on here! I'm sure most if not all would agree with it. Well here it is.

"You don't know, but I'm the girl that drags herself out of bed every morning so that he will be proud of her when he comes home. I'm the girl who lies in bed longing for him to be lying next to me, I'm the girl who sits quietly during class because all i can think about is that next moment when he will be in my arms again. You don't know, but I'm the girl with a million things to say, but not one will come out without the thought of him.I'm the girl who checks her phone every five seconds just to make sure I haven't missed his call. You tell me you know how I feel and that you understand what I'm going through; you have no idea. What you don't realize is that I understand the true meaning of not only love, but longing and anticipation. I am one of the girls who will make friend with complete strangers for only that can even begin to understand what I am going through. You don't understand that I picture his face everywhere I go and that he is with me in everything I do. You tell me you support the troops; I tell you, I'm in love with one."

When i read it i started crying. No civilian knows how military life is unless they go through it themselves.
  2. Senior Member
    That made me sad for the poor girl who wrote it. I hope she's able to find a healthier way to live. What she describes is very unhealthy, and by comparing her situation to others and saying they can't understand, she's alienating them and isolating herself. I hope she's able to find better coping mechanisms.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_bug3 View Post
    Okay so I found this saying on Pintrest and I just thought I would post it on here! I'm sure most if not all would agree with it. Well here it is.

"You don't know, but I'm the girl that drags herself out of bed every morning so that he will be proud of her when he comes home. I'm the girl who lies in bed longing for him to be lying next to me, I'm the girl who sits quietly during class because all i can think about is that next moment when he will be in my arms again. You don't know, but I'm the girl with a million things to say, but not one will come out without the thought of him.I'm the girl who checks her phone every five seconds just to make sure I haven't missed his call. You tell me you know how I feel and that you understand what I'm going through; you have no idea. What you don't realize is that I understand the true meaning of not only love, but longing and anticipation. I am one of the girls who will make friend with complete strangers for only that can even begin to understand what I am going through. You don't understand that I picture his face everywhere I go and that he is with me in everything I do. You tell me you support the troops; I tell you, I'm in love with one."

When i read it i started crying. No civilian knows how military life is unless they go through it themselves.

So you're in the service?
    Last edited by KoalaBär; 09-06-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: quote faiiil
  4. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    That made me sad for the poor girl who wrote it. I hope she's able to find a healthier way to live. What she describes is very unhealthy, and by comparing her situation to others and saying they can't understand, she's alienating them and isolating herself. I hope she's able to find better coping mechanisms.
    I completely agree.

life's a party, rock your body
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Totally agree. When I went through deployment I didnt wait by the phone or spent time during class daydreaming about MF. I did work. I carried on with my life. I even had fun. This kind of behavior is just asking to be unhappy.
  6. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Yeah, whoever wrote that sounds extremely young. My exDB deployed for the first time when I was sixteen and yeah, that woulda resonated with me then. But when he deployed when I was 20, I had shit to do. I couldn't sit in class daydreaming about him or shutting myself in. I had great friends who totally got it, I went rollerskating every Tuesday as "another week down," I lived my life. And that life didn't revolve around him.

I also think it's pretty self-aggrandizing. Military SO's aren't some tragic hero angel goddess. Also, pretty sure our service members can one up us on how hard a deployment is. Rightfully so.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_bug3 View Post

What does that even mean?
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanduh View Post
    What does that even mean?
    It's like Yoda speak.

Perhaps I do not understand because I am just a lowly civilian.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Closed due to OP status.