Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: before we're even married?

1. Regular Member

Bang Head before we're even married?

Advertisements
    Kind of a odd question, I wasn't sure where to post it! Feel free to move it to wherever you feel it is better at, (:
    Okay, so in the town I am in we have a "military support group" kinda deal. Each week, about five of us go out and eat, just to kill the pain of deployment, or in my case basic training! Many to pretty much all are married, and they always tell me I'm next! So we did a secret gift exchange where everyone gave a gift to one another military related. I got a camo hat, looks similar to the one the Army Soldiers wear, I guess a cadet styled hat? on the front it says, "soldiers princess" oh cute huh? lol. Well on the back it has "Mrs. (my DB last name) embroidered on it. Well, that's a shocker, we're not even married yet! But, I love hats because my hair is short and it's easier to wear it in a hat and look cute rather than me trying to pull up my hair! Would it be okay to wear it? Should I put it away? Would it offend people since we're not married? haha. I love it, but I have mixed emotions!
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Personally I could care less if you wear it. If your DB/DF is okay with it, who cares.
  3. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    I carried around a key chain for 2 years that said my DF's last name. Eh, as long as your DB is okay with the hat it's all good !
  4. Senior Member
    I wouldn't wear it, for multiple reasons, not just the "Mrs." bit. But really, it's between you and your DB whether that is cute and affectionate, or presumptuous and over the line. If he's okay with it and you think it's cute and don't care about privacy concerns, then why not?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I wouldn't wear it, for multiple reasons, not just the "Mrs." bit. But really, it's between you and your DB whether that is cute and affectionate, or presumptuous and over the line. If he's okay with it and you think it's cute and don't care about privacy concerns, then why not?
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If you like it, I don't see a reason not to wear it. If it "offends" someone, they can get over it and look at someone else.

BTW I think it's really awesome that you have such a cool support group!
  7. Senior Member
    I personally wouldn't wear it but that is because I don't wear anything military related out in public...I don't like people knowing I am affiliated with the military.

But if you like it and you want to wear it then go ahead and wear it! I think it is completely up to you.
  8. The army may have my man, but I have his heart.
    The army may have my man, but I have his heart.
    Blog Entries
    If you like it I wouldn't see why you wouldn't wear it
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

If your hunny and you don't have any problems with it, then wear it! No one is going to know that you aren't actually married anyway, people who are important to you will know the truth, people who aren't, won't know the difference! That's between you and your DB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I would talk to your DB about it. Some guys may freak out if their girlfriend all of a sudden wore something that had "Mrs" on it. But if he feels okay with it, I'd say go for it! Wouldn't be my style to be honest, but aside from a Navy hoodie, I don't really wear anything military/camo related at all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast