Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: before we're even married?

1. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Advertisements
    I wouldn't wear it at all, before or after marriage. But if you like it & your SO is okay with it then I see no problem with it.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  2. Senior Member
    I wouldn't wear it for the same reason I didn't do the "hubby/wifey" thing before marriage. I wanted to be able to call someone hubby and it mean something, I wanted that excitement when we were newlyweds.
  3. Regular Member
    Thanks guys! I personally love to shout from the roof top that I am an Army MILSO! I think I will wear it!!
  4. Senior Member
    I wouldn't wear it.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SavannahLee View Post
    Thanks guys! I personally love to shout from the roof top that I am an Army MILSO! I think I will wear it!!
    then why did you even make this thread if you like to "shout from the top that you are an Army SO" I find it odd when people do that....I don't know why. I mean, I am proud of my DB, but I don't feel the need to "shout it from the rooftops" that he's in the military.

I would still ask your DB if it's okay with you publicly calling yourself his wife even though you're not married. I know a few guys who would not be so overjoyed if their GF said something with "Mrs (theirlastname)" on it and it would scare them off.
  6. Senior Member
    Keep in mind that in general, it is a bad idea for personal safety reasons to wear things with your name on them, and also that wearing stuff that announces a military affiliation can make you a potential target. Everyone makes their own call on those things, but in general safety experts will tell you not to wear stuff with your name and PERSEC issues can arise from "shouting from the rooftops" that you have a military connection. Make whatever decision you feel comfortable with, but make sure you consider those factors.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12