Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear civilian girl,

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna View Post
    i apologize , i didn't mean to offend

i know e1 misses their S/O i wasn't trying to imply anything by posting it....
    It's ok. I don't think you were. It just stung at first to read it.
  2. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

ok..i'm sorry...i didn't put it to start anything....

if it needs to be removed i understand...

i apologize

I enjoyed it, if that helps!

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    So... Since my husband is no longer military, did I lose the right to miss him?
    if you read the full thing, i put at the end i undestand not everyone is in military any longer....its not implying u can't miss him....

i put it b/c i know i related it to it...i thought others might as well understand...i see now that it offended more than i thought would like....and i apologize for sharing it
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

907Kim is my wifey
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    thanks lynn...sorry for the mess up
    It's ok, I was slow on the draw and didn't get it moved before people saw it in the other forum. It's not really a mess up.

In the future, if you're ever not sure where to post something, post a private channel with staff thread and one of the staff that is online can help you out.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessym View Post
    It's ok. I don't think you were. It just stung at first to read it.

i'm sorry jessy
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

907Kim is my wifey
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

if you read the full thing, i put at the end i undestand not everyone is in military any longer....its not implying u can't miss him....

i put it b/c i know i related it to it...i thought others might as well understand...i see now that it offended more than i thought would like....and i apologize for sharing it
    You don't need to apologize for wanting to share something. In the future, military pride is more friendly to this type of post.

Personally I'm not offended, I'm just not a big fan of people building themselves up by putting others down.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    i'm sorry jessy
    It's ok. I don't blame you. You didn't write it. It's just some of the phrases that are in there are hurtful like how girlfriends to civilian don't cherish their time together. I get that a military relationship is different. I've been in both kinds. I just don't like the way it was written. It's very condescending.
  8. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I get that missing someone is missing someone, because I miss my DH even when he leaves for work in the morning and I know he'll be home for lunch in a few hours...but at the same time, to me there is somewhat of a difference in certain circumstances, like the fact that I literally can't go visit my DH right now because of where he is, money and time aren't the issue, I really can't get to him...to me that is different than someone not wanting to drive two hours for a weekend visit. But at the same time I get that there is a legit aspect to LDR when people need to stay somewhere to finish their school, or if they really don't have the money to visit, etc... I just don't get why this would offend people. There are differences to certain circumstances. I miss my husband differently when I choose to go visit home during a time that he is home, than when he has to be away because of his job. To me it's all different.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmtat View Post
    I get that missing someone is missing someone, because I miss my DH even when he leaves for work in the morning and I know he'll be home for lunch in a few hours...but at the same time, to me there is somewhat of a difference in certain circumstances, like the fact that I literally can't go visit my DH right now because of where he is, money and time aren't the issue, I really can't get to him...to me that is different than someone not wanting to drive two hours for a weekend visit. But at the same time I get that there is a legit aspect to LDR when people need to stay somewhere to finish their school, or if they really don't have the money to visit, etc... I just don't get why this would offend people. There are differences to certain circumstances. I miss my husband differently when I choose to go visit home during a time that he is home, than when he has to be away because of his job. To me it's all different.

I think it was certain phrases like 'you take your time together for granted'.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    It's ok, I was slow on the draw and didn't get it moved before people saw it in the other forum. It's not really a mess up.

In the future, if you're ever not sure where to post something, post a private channel with staff thread and one of the staff that is online can help you out.
    i understand apparently i still have some forum lessons to take

907Kim is my wifey
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast