Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 117

Thread: Dear civilian girl,

  1. I'm coming home to you
    canopy's Avatar
    canopy is offline
    I'm coming home to you
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,513
    #11
    Advertisements
    I love this <3
    But it made me sad at the same time hahahhaa
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Tojai's Avatar
    Tojai is offline
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Pete FL
    Posts
    30,026


    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Subwife View Post
    These never go over well because missing someone is missing someone.
    Not to mention most of us on the forums are civilians too ...
  3. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    katiebee's Avatar
    katiebee is offline
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,982

    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Subwife View Post
    These never go over well because missing someone is missing someone.
    This.
  4. Account Closed
    Lynn's Avatar
    Lynn is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    It could be worse.
    Posts
    29,398
    #14
    Moved to Military Pride, seems like a better fit.
  5. Account Closed
    marvies's Avatar
    marvies is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,752
    #15
    I really can't relate to this. I was lucky enough to talk to him almost everyday, and after he deployed I had to go to Arkansas for a few days and I still missed him.
  6. Senior Member
    Johanna's Avatar
    Johanna is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,565
    #16
    i apologize , i didn't mean to offend

    i know e1 misses their S/O i wasn't trying to imply anything by posting it....
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

    907Kim is my wifey
  7. Senior Member
    Johanna's Avatar
    Johanna is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,565
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    Moved to Military Pride, seems like a better fit.
    thanks lynn...sorry for the mess up
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

    907Kim is my wifey
  8. 021409<3
    Miss_Ashley's Avatar
    Miss_Ashley is offline
    021409<3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    6,032
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by marvies View Post
    I really can't relate to this. I was lucky enough to talk to him almost everyday, and after he deployed I had to go to Arkansas for a few days and I still missed him.
    This. I had better communication with my husband when he was in Iraq for 13 months than I have since he's been gone for AT. I've been missing him like crazy, and he's only been gone for a week
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    tremblingturtle's Avatar
    tremblingturtle is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    14,195

    #19
    So... Since my husband is no longer military, did I lose the right to miss him?
  10. ...
    andreacn's Avatar
    andreacn is offline
    ...
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, Minnesota
    Posts
    16,888
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna View Post
    You complain that your boyfriend has worked late all week and have barely seen him.
    -I look forward to the two weeks a year we spend together.
    You complain because he doesn't call you enough.
    -My heart is thankful for the 15 second phone call I got last Tuesday in the middle of the night!
    You whine to your friends about how much you miss him already because he is on a two day trip with his parents.
    -I won't see him for another 10 months!
    You don't feel like making love tonight because you are too tired.
    -We will stay up all night because we don't know when it will be the last time.
    Your boyfriend belongs to you.
    -Mine belongs to the government.
    Your boyfriend is training for his game next weekend.
    -My boyfriend is trained to kill.
    It's just not practical for you to drive an hour to see him every weekend during school.
    -He spends $700 dollars on a plane ticket just to see me 2 days!
    You hate hanging up the phone when talking to him.
    -My heart breaks because I won't talk to him for another 10 days.
    You complain that he doesn't take enough time out of his life for you.
    -My man has to get up in the middle of the night to talk with me because of the time difference.He doesn't complain.
    Your man is in a bad mood from not sleeping much this week.
    -My man ran 10 miles this morning at 4 in the morning and has a full day of work ahead of him.(He's lucky if he gets a few hours of sleep!)
    Your boyfriend can call in sick when he is tired or not feeling well.
    -My man works no matter what!
    You don't trust him so you follow him places to see if he is telling the truth.
    -I have no choice but to trust him and even then I trust him with my life.
    You don't like him talking so sexually with his friends.
    -My boyfriend has to chant it in drills.
    You check your phone, see you missed a call from him, and decide to call him back when you aren't so busy.
    -I see a missed a call and cry, because I don't know when he can call again.
    You might save a cute voice message from him.
    -I save them all b/c it helps me to remember what his voice sounds like.
    Being apart for a month to you seems daunting.
    -A month apart for me is a wish that can't come true.
    You wouldn't change schools to be close to him.
    -I have to move to another country to be with him.
    You have every part of him memorized.
    -I study pictures so I don't forget what he looks like.
    You take your time together for granted.
    -We don't!
    Your cell phone bill was high this month from talking too much.
    -He pays 20 cents a minute to call me… when he CAN call.
    You love that fancy necklace he bought you
    -I refuse to take his dog tags off, and not a day goes by that I don't have them on...

    You say you miss him??


    a military S/O friend of mine wrote this......i loved it so much and what she wrote i had to share it!! i figured all ya'll would maybe relate?
    hopefully it doesn't offend anyone b/c i know not EVERYONE is a militarysos anymore.....plz its not disrespect to you!

    and if i put this in the wrong forum, i apologize.....i figured venting would be good


    Yeah I can't relate because these things rub me the wrong way and...

    Missing someone is missing someone. Distance doesn't matter, profession doesn't matter, dating or married it doesn't matter.

    Oh and unless you are a military member you are a civilian.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •