Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Dear civilian girl,

1. langsam langsam.
    langsam langsam.
    Advertisements
    Aren't we all "civilian girls" minus a few?

2. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    You didn't get the Waikikiki sneaky behind the cheeky?

I was debating posting that because I didn't know how you'd take it but I you so I had to.
    I think DB was on vacation.
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    I think DB was on vacation.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by kprime View Post
    Aren't we all "civilian girls" minus a few?
    yeah but there are some that never make that connection. LOL they become the girlfriend they think that entitles them to also serve and gain their SO's rank.
  5. Regular Member
    I have to say I really don't like the feeling that people have to walk on eggshells sometimes with what they post here or they risk getting a lot of negative feedback. It seems like this happens when a lot of females get together like they can sometimes be supportive but sometimes it's like *meoooooow hiss you said something I don't agree with so I'm going to lecture you* even if the people posting something meant no harm (and it's quite obvious to me the poster meant no harm). Most of us are civilians, yep, and I'm sure the poem was meant to address people who aren't in relationships with military people, not to imply that people in relationships with people in the military are, by default, honorary members of the military. Everyone is entitled to miss their loved one when they are apart from them and everyone's pain is real on an individual level and not something that can be compared. That being said, relationships with people in the military can be challenging at times because our loved ones can have dangerous jobs and be out of touch for long periods of time, moved away from us with short notice, etc. and we have no control over that. It's not exactly the same as someone complaining their boyfriend was gone for the weekend to visit his parents and eat cookies his mom baked for him. I guess I'm finding it a little irritating that the poster is feeling like she has to apologize and ask forgiveness for posting something that spoke to her and she thought might speak to people on this page (she meant well and ppl are lecturing her). If you don't like it then just roll your eyes and move on; something tells me you're not her mama.
    Hello
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydedoll View Post
    I have to say I really don't like the feeling that people have to walk on eggshells sometimes with what they post here or they risk getting a lot of negative feedback. It seems like this happens when a lot of females get together like they can sometimes be supportive but sometimes it's like *meoooooow hiss you said something I don't agree with so I'm going to lecture you* even if the people posting something meant no harm (and it's quite obvious to me the poster meant no harm). Most of us are civilians, yep, and I'm sure the poem was meant to address people who aren't in relationships with military people, not to imply that people in relationships with people in the military are, by default, honorary members of the military. Everyone is entitled to miss their loved one when they are apart from them and everyone's pain is real on an individual level and not something that can be compared. That being said, relationships with people in the military can be challenging at times because our loved ones can have dangerous jobs and be out of touch for long periods of time, moved away from us with short notice, etc. and we have no control over that. It's not exactly the same as someone complaining their boyfriend was gone for the weekend to visit his parents and eat cookies his mom baked for him. I guess I'm finding it a little irritating that the poster is feeling like she has to apologize and ask forgiveness for posting something that spoke to her and she thought might speak to people on this page (she meant well and ppl are lecturing her). If you don't like it then just roll your eyes and move on; something tells me you're not her mama.
    Part of the reason this thread was moved to Military Pride is because there is usually going to be negative feedback to these kinds of sentiments on the main areas of the board. Since the thread didn't originally start there, even after it was moved it still is a bit unique for the Military Pride section. There are certain areas of the board that are reserved for posting without the expectation that negative feedback is possible, such as Military Pride or Hug and Rainbows.

That being said, on the general boards there is no requirement to roll one's eyes and move on, it is an open board and all kinds of feedback will be given. That's why the thread started out the way it did.
  7. jjr
    yep, darn those civilian girls. I totally get it but I don't wear my husband's rank. I actually outrank him. Yes, I have never joined and I outrank my husband. I am that awesome
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112