Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Scrapbooking

1. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Scrapbooking

Advertisements
    So DB kindly informed me before he left, he wanted me to make him a scrapbook starting with his ASVAB score & moving on. (I lost the paper that had his score on it...he doesn't know yet...shoot me! ) He had mentioned it several times before too but he got really annoying about it before he left.

Anyway, I am hardly an arts & crafty kind of person. I'd ask my brothers girlfriend but she would turn a simple project into the royal wedding. Does anyone have any ideas on how to start one or where to get supplies? I'm about to throw everything in a plastic envelope and tell him to do it when he gets back.

Thanks,
    Katie
  2. Senior Member
    I always love Michael's for scrapbooking! Just go and pick out a scrapbook, then pick out some paper with a similar color theme, and then add whatever he gave you and then go back and add little charms/stickers/whatever you want! Have funnn!
  3. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by mlc311 View Post
    I always love Michael's for scrapbooking! Just go and pick out a scrapbook, then pick out some paper with a similar color theme, and then add whatever he gave you and then go back and add little charms/stickers/whatever you want! Have funnn!
    There's no Michael's by me, the closest one I know is 45 minutes away. One is suppose to open 5 minutes away but I don't see them opening before he gets back. I guess I can just order the stuff online or do you think driving 45 minutes to the nearest Michael's would be cheaper?
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    if there is a Hobby Lobby near by they have alot of scrapbooking stuff. my DB made me do the same and make him a book of us. they have packets with papers stickers and all that good stuff. since he is letting you do it feel free to make it however you want.

Posted from MilitarySOS.com App for Android
  5. Senior Member
    If you don't have Hobby Lobby either (which I recommend for sure!), I know that walmart and Target always have a little section that sells scrapbooking items. I am a huge scrapbook as well let me know how it turns out! I could always use the ideas!
  6. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Michaels, JoAnns, Ben Franklin Crafts...even Wal Mart and Target have some great stuff. I usually start with the paper and stickers/embellishments, then add in pictures and momentous. For example, when I made my dads I added in some of his awards and name tape from some old cammi's. I put in his boot camp graduation photo and had some dog tags made and used them as a book marker, kinda like when u see ribbon in journals or bibles Hope thats helpful. Good luck on your adventure!