Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Something everyone would like!!

1. S&M
    BABY!!
    BABY!!
    Blog Entries

Big Grin Something everyone would like!!

Advertisements
    i saw this posted on another page, thought everyone would like this

Dear America,
    You donít know me, though might think you do. You've seen someone like me on the news, in the paper or on a Lifetime TV show. You might have witnessed our tearful good-bye or clapped at our reunion. You might spot me by my bumper sticker, coffee mug, or red T-shirt on Fridays. It might be my accent or longing for Sonic ice that gives away the fact that Iím not from around here. I'm another military wife.

Iím not just another military wife though. Actually, none of us are. There are things you donít know about us. Things that you canít see in twenty seconds on the news or find in a front page photo. There are things that are hidden in the tearful goodbyes and forgotten in the sweet hellos. I am more than a bumper sticker, a red t-shirt, an out of place accent and a longing for good coffee.

We are called "the silent ranks" but itís never said why we are silent. Itís because we are waiting. We are holding our breath. Itís easy to be silent when youíre afraid to exhale. We waitÖon letters, phone calls, emails and homecomings. But it's more than that. We wait on training schedules, new commanders, duty rosters, and dates for the field (underways, and deployment). We wait for leave approval and four-day weekends. We wait for dinner or else someone has to eat it cold. We wait for orders, transportation dates, and housing. We sometimes have to wait on Christmas, birthdays, and anniversary celebrations. We wait for phone calls that will always come at the worst possible moments and require you to give up a perfectly wonderful Saturday evening. We wait for the last-minute because that's when something always changes. We wait on life filled with uncertainty. But, we donít usually see it that way. To us, we are loving a soldier (or sailor) and couldnít imagine life any other way.

Next time you see me, or someone just like me, notice me. And softly remind me to stop holding my breath. It might be the first time Iíve remembered to exhale all day.

-A Military Wife
  2. Senior Member
    Awww... I think your gonna make us all cry

Baby you are just so amazing.....
    everything you have done without me there is unbelievable.
    The person that I married is the person I want by my side the rest of my life
    and I can't wait to get back to her. ~DH~
  3. S&M
    BABY!!
    BABY!!
    Blog Entries
    Aw i dont mean too. hahaha. but it really touched me and thought it would not be fare if i kept to myself. lmfao. hope everyone enjoys it.
  4. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    hmm interesting. Things like this usually go in the military pride section. For me personally it isn't really true. I exhale. I dont have anything that would identify me as a military wife on my car or anything. I also find the constant uncertainty beyond annoying and dont consider it loving my soldier. Everyone has a different point of view though.

One question, what's the red shirt on Friday's thing?

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  5. Senior Member
    Its so touching and so true. I love it! and I immediately posted it on facebook

Baby you are just so amazing.....
    everything you have done without me there is unbelievable.
    The person that I married is the person I want by my side the rest of my life
    and I can't wait to get back to her. ~DH~
  6. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishie View Post
    hmm interesting. Things like this usually go in the military pride section. For me personally it isn't really true. I exhale. I dont have anything that would identify me as a military wife on my car or anything. I also find the constant uncertainty beyond annoying and dont consider it loving my soldier. Everyone has a different point of view though.

One question, what's the red shirt on Friday's thing?
    The red shirts on Friday thing is some "support the troops" thing that hasn't really caught hold everywhere. And I agree with you- I don't identify with this thing at all. But I guess it's good for those who do. Definitely better suited to the military pride section, I'm sure the OP didn't know that, being relatively new.
  7. S&M
    BABY!!
    BABY!!
    Blog Entries
    i just thought it was something worth reading and sharing with everyone. and true everyone handles/views thing differently.

i also posted it on facebook. everyone loved it. lmfao.
  8. SeŮor Member
    SeŮor Member
    Eh, I strongly disagree with this perspective of what "we" are. I actually have a blog entry expressing my distaste for it
    I, for one, am not silent in the least. I am who I am, and my husbands job does not dictate otherwise. And he sure as hell did not leave me behind. For all intensive purposes I am right there beside him every day and every night.
    When people ask me how I'm doing I either say Okay or good. And I mean it. I am not miserable, and I am not alone. My life goes on, and so does the rest of the world. While I do long for him, I do not pause my life for him. He will be here again, and hell, he might leave again, but that does not mean that I have play "Lady in waiting."
    I would much rather be recognized as a strong woman & wife. Not a strong military wife. JMO

be cool.
  9. S&M
    BABY!!
    BABY!!
    Blog Entries
    yea i wasnt sure where to put it. sorry.
    but i am glad some people can take some good things from this.
  10. The best part of my day is seeing his smile.
    The best part of my day is seeing his smile.
    I really like that!!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast