Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: God's creation of a Military Spouse

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Cloud 9 God's creation of a Military Spouse

Advertisements
    Just came across this and I'm sure many of you have probably already seen but wanted to still share....

The good Lord was creating a model for military wives and was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared. She said, "Lord, you seem to be having a lot of trouble with this one. What's wrong with the standard model?"

The Lord replied, "Have you seen the specs on this order? She has to be completely independent, possess the qualities of both father and mother. Be a perfect hostess to four to 40 with an hour's notice, run on black coffee, handle every emergency imaginable without a manual, be able to carry on
    cheerfully, even if she is pregnant and has the flu, and she must be willing to move to a new location 10 times in 17 years. And oh, yes, she must have six pairs of hands."

The angel shook her head. "Six pairs of hands? No way. "

The Lord continued, "Don't worry, we will make the other military wives to help her. And we will give her an unusually strong heart so it can swell with pride in her husband's achievements, sustain the pain of separations, beat soundly when it is overworked and tired, and be large enough to say, "I understand," when she doesn't, and say, "I love you' regardless."

"Lord," said the angel, touching his arm gently, "Go to bed and get some rest. You can finish this tomorrow.

"I can't stop now," the Lord said. "I am so close to creating something unique." Already this model heals herself when
    sick, can put up with six unexpected guests for the weekend, wave good-bye to her husband from a pier, a runway or depot, and understand why it's important that he leave."

The angel circled the model of the military wife, looked
    closely and sighed, "It looks fine, but it's too soft."

She might look soft," replied the Lord. "But she has the strength of a lion. You would not believe what she can endure."

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek of the Lord's creation. "There's a leak," she announced. "Something is wrong with the construction. I am not surprised that it has cracked. You are trying to put too much into this."

The Lord replied. "It's for joy, sadness, pain, disappointment, loneliness, pride and a dedication to all the values that she
    and her husband hold dear."

"You are a genius!" exclaimed the angel.

The Lord looked puzzled and replied, "I didn't put it there."
    Signature removed due to size. Please see http://www.militarysos.com/forum/gra...ure-sizes.html for specific size requirements.
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I have seen this many places and still love reading it again.