Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: i am a military girlfriend

1. Senior Member

i am a military girlfriend

Advertisements
    "I am a military girlfriend. I hold no formal recognition with the powers that be I am at the bottom of the chain. I hold no Military ID card; I am not a dependent or a parent. The man I love may face unspeakable dangers and I am at the mercy of those who possess this recognition for news. I understand this and accept this.

I have promised to be here for him upon his return no matter how long he is away. They may say I am insane for making such a commitment, but I hold onto our promises and have faith that he will come home safe. I know well that my love for him fuels him in the worst of times.

There is no ring on my finger to symbolize our commitment, though I love him no less for it. I hope every day that he will be able to call because a simple 30-second phone call can bring the greatest spectrum of emotions smiling with tears in my eyes from so much joy and pain. My relationship is based on a brief communication where I love you and Iím okay speaks more than volumes and gives me the strength to keep going.

I take no moment spent together for granted. I hold onto every touch, caress, kiss, and every word. I have memorized the feel of his skin, his smell, the sound of his voice and I play it over and over in my mind so that I will not forget. I cry myself to sleep some nights because missing him hurts so badly, but wake up the next morning, brush myself off and start a new day.

If you think being a soldier is tough, try loving one.
    If you think soldiers are strong, you should look at their girls."

-cannot remember where i found this, but it's all so true
    "True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

2. Senior Member
    i've heard this before and love it! the one i read had a different ending though:

I am a military girlfriend. The events of the next several months hold my life, my love, and my future in the balance. When you watch the news reports, you may turn away and go about your business relatively unaffected. When I watch news stories of the war, I do not see nameless soldiers a half a world away. I see individuals who will be forever changed by war. News of every casualty causes me physical pain and deep sadness, and tears beyond my control.

I am a military girlfriend, not a spouse or family member. When you say your prayers for the wives, mothers, and fathers, please don’t forget about me.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calexop View Post
    i've heard this before and love it! the one i read had a different ending though:

I am a military girlfriend. The events of the next several months hold my life, my love, and my future in the balance. When you watch the news reports, you may turn away and go about your business relatively unaffected. When I watch news stories of the war, I do not see nameless soldiers a half a world away. I see individuals who will be forever changed by war. News of every casualty causes me physical pain and deep sadness, and tears beyond my control.

I am a military girlfriend, not a spouse or family member. When you say your prayers for the wives, mothers, and fathers, please donít forget about me.
    LOVE this ending too!
    "True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

4. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    nice to see something that is supportive and prideful without being full of hype and stereotype.
  5. Senior Member
    i love this
  6. Regular Member
    LOVE this
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    nice to see something that is supportive and prideful without being full of hype and stereotype.
  8. Senior Member
    aw this is cute! thanks for posting