Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Just Coming Out and Saying it...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Currently: Me- Indiana, Him- "Abroad" PDS: MCAS Cherry Point, NC
    Blog Entries

Exclamation I'm Just Coming Out and Saying it...

Advertisements
    I am a PROUD, PROUD Marine wife...and it seems like anytime you display your pride on here, whether it be saying that you don't want your hubby getting out or posting a stupid little blog from somewhere else...you get kicked to the curb for it...
    I am not the kind of wife who runs around, telling everyone my husband is a Marine and that he's deployed, not that kind of "proud" wife....but I am the kind of wife who adores the Marine Corps...and I just don't see how you can't love your husband's branch almost as much as he does. When my husband has had a bad day, and he has lost all faith in the Marine Corps, who is there to bring him up?? Me. And if I am constantly tearing down the Corps in front of him, it will only make him hate his job that much more.
    On another note, I am also very proud that my husband is serving overseas...as many have mistaken some of my posts, I do not expect people to "bow down to me" for it. I have seen wives go through waaaay worse than me, and I respect that aspect...But I can't respect people who know that my husband is deployed, and still sit and put down the war and the efforts that our men are doing. I feel that they should just save it for a better time. I don't think this is too much to ask of people.
    There is a wide variety of women on here, from new g/f's to seasoned wives...and we just need to respect that. You can't expect a new g/f to have the same sense of knowing as a seasoned wife. You can't go attacking a poster just because they said something you don't agree with...That just makes you the same as them.
    For example, I was attacked for a post where I was putting down three college girls in an explanation of one night's events....Well the other posters went as far as taking my words and "bolding" them, just to add their own joke and "LOL's"....but that made them the same thing as they were accusing me...
    I simply joined to find people to relate to, not people to act like we're all in high school again. I am pretty disappointed with how some of the "oldies" are using this site...shouldn't you be setting a better example for the new girlfriends and wives?? Shouldn't we knock the stereotype against military wives, that one that says we are all catty?
    And we should all throw on a filter, and not just throw our opinion out there that you know might hurt someone's feelings...It did hurt my feelings to see my words being re-posted along with jokes and laughs....Those were my true feelings, and what I was going through at that moment, and they were turned into that??
    Come on now...Why is it so hard to just let a post go by? I have seen a lot of posts I don't agree with, but I'm not going to throw in my opinion just because I feel like it...The likelyhood of that changing the OP's mind is slim to none anyway...But I would definitely not de-face someone because they don't have the same mindset or opinion that I have. Afterall, that is what makes the world go around...but regardless, we should all still have a little respect.
    And I am not coming back to this post to see what hateful things follow-up...the thing is, if you are "burning" after reading this post, it's because you feel guilty. Say all the mean things you like, but that will never stop me from posting my feelings and asking for help on these forums. I have still found a lot of good people to relate with.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by AirwingWife View Post
    I am a PROUD, PROUD Marine wife...and it seems like anytime you display your pride on here, whether it be saying that you don't want your hubby getting out or posting a stupid little blog from somewhere else...you get kicked to the curb for it...
    I am not the kind of wife who runs around, telling everyone my husband is a Marine and that he's deployed, not that kind of "proud" wife....but I am the kind of wife who adores the Marine Corps...and I just don't see how you can't love your husband's branch almost as much as he does. When my husband has had a bad day, and he has lost all faith in the Marine Corps, who is there to bring him up?? Me. And if I am constantly tearing down the Corps in front of him, it will only make him hate his job that much more.
    On another note, I am also very proud that my husband is serving overseas...as many have mistaken some of my posts, I do not expect people to "bow down to me" for it. I have seen wives go through waaaay worse than me, and I respect that aspect...But I can't respect people who know that my husband is deployed, and still sit and put down the war and the efforts that our men are doing. I feel that they should just save it for a better time. I don't think this is too much to ask of people.
    There is a wide variety of women on here, from new g/f's to seasoned wives...and we just need to respect that. You can't expect a new g/f to have the same sense of knowing as a seasoned wife. You can't go attacking a poster just because they said something you don't agree with...That just makes you the same as them.
    For example, I was attacked for a post where I was putting down three college girls in an explanation of one night's events....Well the other posters went as far as taking my words and "bolding" them, just to add their own joke and "LOL's"....but that made them the same thing as they were accusing me...
    I simply joined to find people to relate to, not people to act like we're all in high school again. I am pretty disappointed with how some of the "oldies" are using this site...shouldn't you be setting a better example for the new girlfriends and wives?? Shouldn't we knock the stereotype against military wives, that one that says we are all catty?
    And we should all throw on a filter, and not just throw our opinion out there that you know might hurt someone's feelings...It did hurt my feelings to see my words being re-posted along with jokes and laughs....Those were my true feelings, and what I was going through at that moment, and they were turned into that??
    Come on now...Why is it so hard to just let a post go by? I have seen a lot of posts I don't agree with, but I'm not going to throw in my opinion just because I feel like it...The likelyhood of that changing the OP's mind is slim to none anyway...But I would definitely not de-face someone because they don't have the same mindset or opinion that I have. Afterall, that is what makes the world go around...but regardless, we should all still have a little respect.
    And I am not coming back to this post to see what hateful things follow-up...the thing is, if you are "burning" after reading this post, it's because you feel guilty. Say all the mean things you like, but that will never stop me from posting my feelings and asking for help on these forums. I have still found a lot of good people to relate with.
    QFP
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by katie17 View Post
    QFP
    and more
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

QFP. Staff is discussing, no need to report.
  5. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    QFP

And welcome to the real world. Again, not all butterflies and rainbows. You post something, youre going to get a WIDE variety of opinions, not all of them you will want to hear. If you dont want to hear it, DONT POST IT.
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

Sometimes damaged goods are more valuable because of their unique qualities.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

As for my personal opinion on this... YOU are the one keeping the stereotype going that military wives think they are better then others by posting crap that puts anyone who isn't a military spouse down. How is that ok? How is that not perpetuating the very stereotype you are claiming you want to get rid of?

My husband being in the military is a job, not his life. If its your life, thats between you and your husband, but to generalize that if we dont live and breath our SO's branch that there is something wrong with us is not only rude, but not true.

Also, you are on a site of thousands of people, please explain to me how its ok for you to post something offensive or upsetting but other people need to keep their mouth shuts. Sorry, idk what world your living in but its not reality if you think thats how things work.

You post this and claim you wont come back, sounds like baiting and trying to start drama to me.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Okay, I realize that I am wasting my breath per your statement that you won't read the responses (but I have a sneaking suspicion you likely won't be able to help yourself, so here goes)
    OP - I think it is great that you are proud of your husband, his service, his branch and everything else you have listed. No one has ever suggested that you shouldn't be or that there is anything wrong with being so. It does seem, though, that you are predisposed to taking any feedback that is not the affirmation you seek as being a personal attack/affront when, in fact, it is not meant as such. That is not something anyone on this board can be held responsible for, unfortunately, nor anything anyone on this board can change for you. Rather than taking a response to a written post as a response to you as a person, see it as a response to what has been said and evaluate it that way.
    As you have said, there IS a lot of support on this board, and I am glad that you have at least acknowledged that. You might realize even more support by opening your mind to the fact that support is not always in the form we expect it to be. Every response you get - whether it's here or in life in general - is feedback and what you do with that feedback is up to you. You can grow from it or you can reject it, that's up to you.
  8. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    As for my personal opinion on this... YOU are the one keeping the stereotype going that military wives think they are better then others by posting crap that puts anyone who isn't a military spouse down. How is that ok? How is that not perpetuating the very stereotype you are claiming you want to get rid of?

My husband being in the military is a job, not his life. If its your life, thats between you and your husband, but to generalize that if we dont live and breath our SO's branch that there is something wrong with us is not only rude, but not true.

Also, you are on a site of thousands of people, please explain to me how its ok for you to post something offensive or upsetting but other people need to keep their mouth shuts. Sorry, idk what world your living in but its not reality if you think thats how things work.

You post this and claim you wont come back, sounds like baiting and trying to start drama to me.
    I love you Sam.
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

Sometimes damaged goods are more valuable because of their unique qualities.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  9. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post

My husband being in the military is a job, not his life. If its your life, thats between you and your husband, but to generalize that if we dont live and breath our SO's branch that there is something wrong with us is not only rude, but not true. Also, you are on a site of thousands of people, please explain to me how its ok for you to post something offensive or upsetting but other people need to keep their mouth shuts. Sorry, idk what world your living in but its not reality if you think thats how things work.

So true. I have been with DH for almost 7 years and I still feel like I don't even understand 1/2 of what goes on.

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast