Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Army symbols and logos? And clothes!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Army symbols and logos? And clothes!

Advertisements
    Hi everyone!
    I am new here, both to the site and to the Army. I'm looking for some ways to show my military pride, particularly through the clothing variety! We have a great Army/Navy supply store in my town and there's even a thrift store nearby that sells old uniforms. I have seen some pretty creative work here and on etsy, like bags made out of uniforms...I would love to do something like that!
    My main question is, what kind of logos and symbols are commonly used to represent the Army? I'm already familiar with the seal and the black and gold star (I have it on a bumper sticker) but look what I found on weheartit.com, for instance:

I think the second one is so cute!! But is that an official logo of the Army? I've seen a lot of stores do their own interpretation of "military style" so I wasn't sure.
    DB just left last week so I'm sure you can understand why I'd love a shopping trip right now, haha. And I'm really excited to show my support at home. If you have any suggestions for how to do that, feel free to let me know!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

This is JUST me personally, so please don't take it to as personal, but I am not a fan of fashion with actual rank insignia/combat patches etc. worn by those who haven't actually earned it.

That being said, there of other ways to show your support. Some gals on here make the crafts out of old uniforms (like purses). I've seen bracelets out of name tape that are super cute.

DB gave me his ACU hat from back when he was a 2nd LT as he no longer needed it (though I only wear that at home, to feel close to him)

My favorite shirt is one that I got when visiting him that says "Fort Hood". Sometimes you can even get shirts from your man's specific battalion.
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I never used to wear any of that stuff but my mom got me an Army jacket from Victoria's Secret and DH said he actually really really likes it when I wear it so I broke down and bought a few T-shirts from there too.

It's pretty pricey though but I'm not looking to have a ton of them I just wanna throw him a bone once in a while.

I think the black and gold star is the official symbol.
  4. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    eres el amor de mi vida <33
    The only thing I have is a hoodie with I <3 the united states army on the back from victoria secret.
    I try not to wear stuff with ranks on them though I find that kind of strange personally.
  5. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    OP, not cool. Read up: Wearing Military Uniforms
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    the only thing I wear is a maroon hoodie that says USMC across the chest. I don't think clothing with ranks is good
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't wear anything like that. It's not really my style. I mean I have some things that are like camo printed. My favorite Red Sox hat is desert camo, but that's about it. I have like an Army PT t shirt and sweatshirt that I wear to bum around in. That's about the extent of my military clothing.

But I know this winter military inspired clothing was very in. I work at American Eagle so I saw it all over the place.
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't understand that the pictures I posted were related to rank, that was why I asked. Thanks though. I haven't actually bought or worn anything besides a bumper sticker, I just wanted to show support (and be more informed first).

Which rank is that, may I ask? I'm sure I will learn eventually but now I am curious. Maybe I should have warned everyone just how new I am, lol. :/

Neither of those pictures are of me, btw.
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Songtan Sally View Post
    OP, not cool. Read up: Wearing Military Uniforms
    Thanks for the very informative article, but I hope you know I had no intention of sounding disrespectful. I honestly did not know anything about that. DB only just got started so he doesn't know much to tell me or can't at the moment, and I don't know anyone else affiliated with the military in "real life"...that's a large reason I am here asking silly questions like this one.
  10. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedressgirl View Post
    Sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't understand that the pictures I posted were related to rank, that was why I asked. Thanks though. I haven't actually bought or worn anything besides a bumper sticker, I just wanted to show support (and be more informed first).

Which rank is that, may I ask? I'm sure I will learn eventually but now I am curious. Maybe I should have warned everyone just how new I am, lol. :/

Neither of those pictures are of me, btw.
    This site has pictures of the US Army rank insignia:

Army Ranks on Symbols & Insignias of the United States Army

So it looks like the second one really isn't anything, chevrons are oriented upwards in the Army. First one could be a few different ranks, you can't see all of her shoulder.

I'm not offended and I think people were trying to take care to speak kindly ... nothing wrong with wanting to show support.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast