Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Collection of Quotes

1. Senior Member

Collection of Quotes

Advertisements
    I keep a notebook that I write quotes in that mean a lot to me. I have been including at least one at the end of every letter to DB. I decided to go through and consolidate all the quotes I've seen on here for the benefit of having them all in one place.
    If you have a good one that you don't see in here, please feel free to add to it

Military

 Proudly serving in Operation Stand by My Man.

 My hero wears combat boots.

 Freedom is never free.

 If you think soldiers are strong, you should look at their girls.

 Screw a knight in shining armor—I’ll take my man in combat boots and camo!

 My boyfriend/husband defends your country so yours doesn’t have to.

 The Army has my soldier, but I have his heart.

 Behind this smile is a girl who is missing her soldier/Marine/sailor/airman/Coastie more than you will ever know.

 Half my heart is in Iraq/Afghanistan.

 Our love is army strong.

 She who waits also serves.

 He swore to protect this country, and I swore to protect his heart.

 Live today like he’s deploying tomorrow.

Love

 I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. ~Mother Teresa

 All love that has not friendship for its base is like a mansion built upon sand. ~Ella Wheeler Wilcox

 Love really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. ~Erica Jong

 Love is the condition in which the happiness of another is essential to your own.

 We were given two hands to hold, two legs to walk, two eyes to see, and two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else for us to find.

 A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. ~Ingrid Bergman

 Do you love me because I am beautiful or am I beautiful because you love me? ~Oscar Hammerstein II

 If you pressed me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I. ~Michel de Montaigne

 Love unlocks doors and opens windows that weren’t even there before. ~Mignon McLaughlin

 True love stories never have endings. ~Richard Bach

 8 billion people in the world and I still want you.

 Love is, above all, the gift of oneself.

 The best thing about me is you.

 To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may just be the world.

 As long as I have you, no problem will ever be too big, no day will ever be lonely, no smile will ever go unshared…because as long as I have you, I’ll always have everything I need to be happy.

 Love can make you do things you never thought possible.

 If loving you is wrong, I never want to be right again.

 Love is not always convenient, but if it is true it will outlast any strain,
    overcome any obstacle, and grow consistently and exponentially for all eternity.

 The more I know you, the more I love you.

 An eternity with anyone else would just seem too long, but an eternity spent with you just isn’t enough..

Long Distance/Missing You

 Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

 The thought of being with you tomorrow gives me the strength to go on today.

 Missing you becomes easier every day because even though it’s one day farther from the last time I saw you, it’s one day closer to the next time I will.

 Distance means so little when someone means so much.

 Distance is to love like wind is to fire—it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.

 Miles mean nothing when you are in love, and love means everything when you are miles apart.

 Every minute feels like an hour, every hour feels like a day, and every day feels like forever. But I will wait forever and a day for you.

 Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.

 Whenever you feel a warm breeze brush against you, that’s the kiss I blew to you.

 If you think missing me is hard, you should try missing you.

 Time goes by a lot slower when you’re missing the one you love.

 Missing someone is your heart’s way of reminding you how much you love them.

 I wish you were here, but you’re not. You’re there. And there doesn’t know how lucky it is.

 I love you more than I miss you. If you put than in numbers you’re going to need a lot more than just a computer.

 Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a great reminder of just how strong true love can be.

 Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel.

 The longer the waiting, the sweeter the kiss. ~Josh Turner

 I did three things today: miss you, miss you, and miss you.

 Love is missing someone when you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.

 Whenever I start feeling sad because I miss you I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so amazing to miss.

 If I never met you, I wouldn’t like you. If I didn’t like you, I wouldn’t love you. If I didn’t love you, I wouldn’t miss you. But I did, I do, and I will.

 Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars.

 I’ll never know if it’s truly possible for me to stop thinking about you because I’ll never try.

 I wish that you were here or I was there or that we were together anywhere.

 When you feel alone, look at the spaces between your fingers and know that that’s where mine fit perfectly.

 What I have with him is worth it. It is worth every lonely night, every tear I cry from missing him, and the pain I feel from not having him close. It is worth it because he is my one and only. When I picture myself years from now, I see only him. No matter how painful distance can be, not having him in my life would be so much worse!

 Why do I do it? Because nights alone aren’t permanent, and missing him reminds me that I’m lucky to have someone like him to miss. Because I am not afraid to make sacrifices for true love.

 Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It is for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It is for those who know a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough.

Life/Miscellaneous

 Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be. Because you only have one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

 When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us. ~Alexander Graham Bell

 Every passing moment is a chance to turn it all around. ~Vanilla Sky

 Remember the past, plan for the future, but live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come.

 The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~Ann Landers

 Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working.

 Even if you’re on the right road, you’ll get run over if you just stand there. ~Will Rogers

 Success is not what you do compared to what others do. It is measured by what you do with the abilities God gave you.

 The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

 If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. ~Maya Angelou

 When you com to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~FDR

 Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless hope.

 Hope is a renewable option: if you run out of it at the end of the day, you get to start over in the morning. ~Barbara Kingsolver

 Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up again every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

 The optimist says we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.

 The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but hold hands. ~Alexandria Penney

 You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

 This too shall pass.

 You’ve got three choices in life: give in, give up, or give it all you’ve got.

 Before I knew you, I thought bravery was never being afraid. You’ve taught me that bravery is being terrified but doing it anyway.

 Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the realization that something else is more important than fear.

 It takes courage to turn out to be who you really are.

 God understands our prayers even when we can’t find the words to say them.
    Last edited by foreverandalways; 08-04-2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Adding who said some of them
  2. Senior Member
    After reading this, I wanted to know who said one of these quotes, so I looked it up. The biggest result was the song "The Longer the Waiting (The Sweeter the Kiss)" by Josh Turner. I had never heard it, and I doubt he's the first one who said this..but the lyrics for this song are beautiful, so I thought I'd share:

Oh, the longer the waiting, the sweeter the kiss
    It's better my darling, I promise you this
    The next time I hold you, I'm not letting go
    Will you wait for me darling, I need to know

Well, you know I'm a sailor and tomorrow we sail
    It's a hard way of living but I know it well
    And if I surrender my life to the sea
    You can marry another, it's alright with me

Though we won't be together again 'til the spring
    Just imagine the treasures I'll bring

Come lay with me, stay with me, soon I'll be gone
    I will remember you all winter long
    And when I return to the one that I miss
    The sweeter the kiss

When the mornings are warm and the valleys are green
    I'll come back from wherever I've been

the next time I hold you, I'm not letting go
    I will give up the ocean forever, I know
    Forever I know

Forever, I know

You're welcome.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha_b View Post
    After reading this, I wanted to know who said one of these quotes, so I looked it up. The biggest result was the song "The Longer the Waiting (The Sweeter the Kiss)" by Josh Turner. I had never heard it, and I doubt he's the first one who said this..but the lyrics for this song are beautiful, so I thought I'd share:

The next time I hold you, I'm not letting go
    Will you wait for me darling, I need to know

Well, you know I'm a sailor and tomorrow we sail
    It's a hard way of living but I know it well
    And if I surrender my life to the sea
    You can marry another, it's alright with me

Though we won't be together again 'til the spring
    Just imagine the treasures I'll bring

Come lay with me, stay with me, soon I'll be gone
    I will remember you all winter long
    And when I return to the one that I miss
    The sweeter the kiss

When the mornings are warm and the valleys are green
    I'll come back from wherever I've been

Forever I know

Forever, I know
    I LOVE that song. He's got a beautiful voice, too. I went back and added who said the ones I know
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    That's a beautiful song. It's on the top most played on my Itunes, along with the Military remix of I'm Already There by Lonestar. Be sure to check that one out too

What great quotes! You've just given me my fb statuses for the next month

One of my favorite quotes of all time, which I'm getting as a tattoo this month, is "The pain will always pass, and the beauty will always remain"

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthe164life View Post
    That's a beautiful song. It's on the top most played on my Itunes, along with the Military remix of I'm Already There by Lonestar. Be sure to check that one out too

What great quotes! You've just given me my fb statuses for the next month

One of my favorite quotes of all time, which I'm getting as a tattoo this month, is "The pain will always pass, and the beauty will always remain"

I listen to that song every single day!!!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Me too! Along with Letters from War by Mike Schultz
  7. Senior Member
    Amazing quotes!! I agree with the poster above me who said that you gave me my Facebook statuses. I love this one, and it means more to me than just the fact that DB is going to the army, it means alot in my whole life and I'm getting it tattooed on the top of my foot soon:

You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only option.
    I My Soldier

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    he’s my kiss in the rain, dance with no music guy. he’s my kiss on the forehead, i love you, sweet dreams goodnight. he’s the never want to be without you guy. im living the dream every girl wants to live.

never there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you

When you come home...I'll be here...just like I promised.

"Every cutie with a booty, needs a hottie with a body!" ( i love this one..hehe)

I <3 Thirty-One! Summer Catalog is here! Ship to APO/FPO Join my team today!
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rache3 View Post
    hes my kiss in the rain, dance with no music guy. hes my kiss on the forehead, i love you, sweet dreams goodnight. hes the never want to be without you guy. im living the dream every girl wants to live.

never there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you

When you come home...I'll be here...just like I promised.

"Every cutie with a booty, needs a hottie with a body!" ( i love this one..hehe)

"PT! Is good for me!"

10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celigirl88 View Post
    Amazing quotes!! I agree with the poster above me who said that you gave me my Facebook statuses. I love this one, and it means more to me than just the fact that DB is going to the army, it means alot in my whole life and I'm getting it tattooed on the top of my foot soon:

You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only option.
    I LOVE that!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast