I'd forgotten I even posted this!

So glad they're still being enjoyed!
  3. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by foreverandalways View Post
    I'd forgotten I even posted this!

So glad they're still being enjoyed!
    I have it bookmarked and use the quotes a lot when I'm feeling down or as FB statuses sometimes. Thanks for sharing!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabenurse15 View Post
    I have it bookmarked and use the quotes a lot when I'm feeling down or as FB statuses sometimes. Thanks for sharing!
    When DH was at basic I included a couple at the end of each daily letter I wrote him
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I absolutely LOVE every single one of these! <3
  6. Regular Member
    Glad I started looking around this site more

I am so using these to put on sticky notes for my mirror
  7. Senior Member
    I love 'Change your thoughts and you change your world' and i love the 'you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have'.
  8. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for posting these! I plan on including one in each letter I write my sailor. They really express how I feel and what I'm thinking.
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    1. I am a military girlfriend. I hold no formal recognition with the powers that be. I am at the bottom of the chain. I hold no military ID card; I am not a dependent or a parent. The man I love may face unspeakable dangers, and I am at the mercy of those who possess this recognition for news. I understand this and accept this. I have promised to be here for him upon his return, no matter how long he is away. People may say I’m insane for making such a commitment with no guarantees, but I hold onto our promises and have faith that he will come home safe to me. I know full well that my love for him fuels him in the worst of times. There is no ring on my finger to symbolize our commitment, though I love him no less for it. I hope every day that he will be able to call because a simple 30-second phone call can bring the greatest spectrum of emotions smiling with tears in my eyes from so much joy and pain. My relationship is based on a brief communication where “I love you” and “I’m ok” speaks more than volumes and gives me the strength to keep going. I take no moment spent together for granted. I hold onto every touch, caress, kiss, every word. I have memorized the feel of his skin, his smell, the sound of his voice, and I play it over and over in my mind so that I will not forget. I cry myself to sleep some nights because missing him hurts so badly, but wake up the next morning, brush myself off, and start a new day.
    2. Distance is not for the fearful. It is for the bold. It is for those who are willing to spend a lot of time apart in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It is for those who know a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough.
    3. Without you, I am nothing. With you, I am something. Together, we are everything.
    4. I love you for the man you are, I love you for the things you do. I love you for the things you say, but most of all I love you because you love me for the woman I am, thing things I do, and the things I say. I love you
    5. If you hide, I’ll seek you. If you’re lost, I’ll find you. If you leave, I’ll wait for you. If they take you away from me, I’ll fight for you. Because I never want to lose someone I love.
    6. I haven’t cried for others the way I cry for you. I haven’t shown others the care I’m giving you. I haven’t treated others the way I’m treating you, and I haven’t loved anyone the way I’m loving you.
    7. I love you not only for what you are, but for what you make me when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that only you bring out.
    8. Even though we may be miles apart, I can still feel you in my heart.
    9. As long as you’re in my heart and I’m in yours, there is no distance great enough that our love can’t travel.
    10. Let the love in your heart be the light that guides you through your darkest moments.
    11. Closeness isn’t always measured by distance. Lovers can live many miles away but the bond of love formed long ago always keeps them close at heart.
    12. No matter the distance between us, I am as close to you today as I was yesterday, for as long as you are in my heart, we are never truly far apart.
    13. Touch my heart and you will feel… Listen to my heart and you will hear… Look at my heart and you will see, that you are always a special part of me.
    14. As long as we share the same sky and the same air, we are still together.
    15. True love is sharing both joyous and despairing moments. It is having each other in thoughts and in heart even when physically far from each other.
    16. Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close at heart.
    17. A part of you has grown in me, and so you see, it’s you and me. Together forever and never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart.
    18. If you love someone more than anything, then distance only matters to the mind, not to the heart.
    19. When I miss you, I don’t have to look far. I just have to look inside my heart because that is where you always are.
    20. Even when we are apart, we have a link from heart to heart.
    21. There is no distance about love. It always finds a way to bring hearts together, no matter how many miles are between them.
    22. If dreams were dreams and dreams came true, I wouldn’t be here but I would be next to you.
    23. Distance is the only thing that keeps us apart, but you will always be in my heart.
    24. I love my life because it gave me you. I love you because you are my life.
    25. In you, I have found my knight in shining armor.
    26. Many people have touched the edges of my life. Coming and going, scarcely leaving an impression. But you’re an uncommon person, someone who has made a difference in my life. So it is not surprising that I find myself thinking of how special you are, and wanting us to always remain close.
    27. There is something about you that makes me feel in heaven every time I look into your eyes.
    28. You are my answered prayer, my fulfilled wish, and my realized dream.
    29. When I first saw you, you took my breath away. When you first talked to me, I couldn’t think. When you touched me, I got shivers all through my body. When we kissed, I floated away in my dreams. It is magic each time we are together. Each time we cuddle. Each time we kiss. I never want to let you go for fear of losing you, so I just hold on a little tighter each day, refusing to let you go. You will never know the warmth I feel inside me when I’m with you. You are all I’ve ever wanted and more.
    30. I wish I could go back in time and find you sooner, that way I could love you longer.
    31. I’ve been searching for that someone to show me the way, to take my hand and tell me everything will be ok. I’ve been searching for that someone, and now I know it’s true, I’ve found that special someone, I’ve found that someone in you.
    32. Someday when the pages of my life end, I know that you will be one of its most beautiful chapters.
    33. I wished upon a star, hoping it would come true. The next day we met and I ended up with you.
    34. You’re the guy who takes off his coat and gives it to me when I’m freezing. The guy who lets me sleep on him and lets me cry on his shoulder. You’re the one I dream of and when I open my eyes dreams become reality. Every time I kiss you and hug you, I realize why distance doesn’t matter. You’re always with me in my heart and that is where you will stay forever. I love our long talks and how you tell me I’m your everything every day of my existence. Most of all I love how you love me.
    35. Some people have to close their eyes to dream, but with you, I only have to open mine.
    36. Last night I looked up and matched each star with a reason of why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars.
    37. If my love were a well, you would never go thirsty. If my love were a fire, you would never be cold. If my love were a star, you would never be left in the dark.
    38. A thousand composers couldn’t create a soundtrack as amazing as your voice.
    39. If hugs were leaves, I’d give you a tree. If kisses were a tree, I’d give you a forest. If love were water, I’d give you an ocean.
    40. No measure of time with you will be long enough, but we’ll start with forever.
    41. Listen to your heart because wherever your heart is, that is where you’ll find your treasure.
    42. It doesn’t take an army to bring a giant down. It takes one person who is willing to risk it all to defend the world.
    43. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear. Though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
    44. God please guide him as he travels to the places our soldiers have bled and walk with him through the pathways where those heroes’ feet have tread.
    45. An army is a nation within a nation; it is one of the vices of courage.
    46. Behind every strong soldier there is an even stronger woman who stands behind him, supports him, and loves him with all her heart.
    47. We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    48. From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remembered-
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile
    49. It is a proud privilege to be a soldier-a good soldier with discipline, self-respect, pride in his unit and in his country, a high sense of duty and obligation to comrades and to his superiors, and a self-confidence born of demonstrated ability.
    50. I will never quit. My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down I will get back up every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.
    51. America without her Soldiers would be like God without his Angels.
    52. Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men.
    53. Weapons are an important factor in war, but not the decisive factor. It is people, not things, that are decisive. The contest of strength is not only a contest of military and economic power, but also a contest of human power and morale.
    54. You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice.
    55. You are my love. My protector. My hero. No matter the distance, I will always wait for you.
    56. It is the Soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the Soldier, not the poet who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer who has given us freedom to demonstrate. It is the Soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag.
    57. This nation will remain the land of the free, only so long as it is the home of the brave.
    58. Courage: the state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger or fear with self-possession, confidence, and resolution.
    59. You are my heart, every breath I breathe. I’m safe in your arms, you rescue me. When I’m weak, you’re strong. If you were gone I don’t know where I’d be. You were made for me.
    60. Distance has no correlation to love. Nothing can stand in between two people whose hearts are completely in love. Not a continent. Not a war.
    61. What I have with you is worth it. Worth every lonely night, every tear I cry from missing you, and the pain I feel from not having you close. It is worth it because you are my one and only. When I picture myself years from now, I see only you. No matter how painful the distance can be, not having you in my life would be so much worse.
    62. You can separate two lovers by distance but you can never break the bridge that connects their hearts no matter where they are in the world.
    63. Wherever you go, I’ll be waiting. Whenever you call, I’ll be there. Whatever it takes, I’ll make your darkest days so bright.
    64. I will stand by you, support you, and love you no matter what distance is between us.
    65. I can go days without talking to you, months without seeing you, but not a second goes by that I don’t think about you.
    66. A heart truly in love never loses hope, but always believes in the promise of love, no matter how long the time or how far the distance.
    67. I will walk with you every step of the way and each step will make us stronger than yesterday.
    68. The distance is only temporary but our love is eternal.
    69. Although not fast, the days will pass.
    70. I love you means that I accept you for the person you are and I don’t wish to change you into someone else. It means that I care enough to fight for what we have and that I love you enough not to let go.
    71. Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go.
    72. You can’t feel me but I’m there, holding your hand through it all.
    73. Your job is to fight for your country. My job is to love and support you. Thank you for being my hero.
    74. I wear no uniforms, no blues or greens. But I am in the military, in the ranks rarely seen. I have no rank upon my shoulders. Salutes I do not give. But in the military world is where I live and am rarely seen. I am not in the chain of command, orders I do not give or get. But my boyfriend is the one who does. This I cannot forget. I am not the one who fires a weapon. Who puts his life on the line. But my job is just as tough. I am the one who is always left behind. My boyfriend is a patriot, a brave and pride filled man. And the call to serve his country not all can understand. Behind the lines, I see things needed to keep this country free. My boyfriend makes the sacrifice, but so do I. I love the man I am with. The military is his life. So I pledge the support my hero and stand among the ranks as the military wife.
    75. When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.
    76. Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel.
    77. It’s a long road but it is worth it.
    78. I wait, I hope, and I pray until you are home again.
    79. When you truly love someone, no distance or amount of time can tear you apart. Sure, it would be easier to move on, but being with anyone else would just be settling for less. The days are lonely and the nights are worse but when you have a love that is strong, never let it go. It may be hard, but God knows it will be worth it.
    80. A man in the military is a man worth waiting for.
    81. I love you today, tomorrow, always.
    82. You’re braver than you think, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    83. True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes.
    84. Even though I walk the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and staff, they comfort me. Psalms 23:4
    85. The individual who can labor in freedom creates everything that is really great and inspiring.
    86. It’s gonna get harder before it gets easier. But it will get better, you just gotta make it through the hard stuff first.
    87. When you miss me, just look into the sky and remember I am like a star. Sometimes you can’t see me, but I’m always there.
    88. Why do I do it? Because the nights alone aren’t permanent. Missing you reminds me that I’m lucky to have someone to miss because I’m not afraid to make sacrifices for true love.
    89. A man who will not die for something is not fit to live.
    90. You will forever be my always.
    91. Don’t lose hope. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
    92. The longer you wait for something, the more you’ll appreciate it when you get it. Anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for.
    93. You are not just a man in a uniform. You are the love of my life, my future, my world.
    94. Waiting is so hard, but I’ll spend as much time alone as I have to if that means getting to spend the rest of my life with you.
    95. Missing you is my hobby, caring for you is my job, making you happy is my duty, and loving you is my life.
    96. Our love is Army Strong.
    97. The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.
    98. You are the reason I became stronger, but you are still my weakness.
    99. I keep myself busy with things to do, but every time I pause, I still think of you.
    100. True love means I will stand by you, support you, and love you no matter what distance lies between us.
    101. The real hero is the man who fights even though he is scared.
    102. They look ordinary. They lace up the same. But it is not the boots that matter; it is the soldier who fills them.
    103. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.
    104. When Freedom needed heroes to answer duty’s call, you packed your bags and left home for the greater good of us all. Though I can’t be with you, I still do understand. You have an important job to do in a distant foreign land. You represent so many things, even though you are not here. Courage, Faith, and Honor, the message is quite clear. So until your job is finished and you’re back home to stay, remember you’re my hero and in my prayers each and every day.
    105. Though miles may separate us, I do not fear. For you are my rock in times of trouble. You are the light that guides me. Your love is my anchor. Your smile is my heart’s calling. You are my hope. My faith. My tomorrow.
    106. America is the home of the free because my boyfriend is brave.
    107. If I could have just one wish, I would wish to wake up every day to the sound of your breath on my neck, the warmth of your lips on my cheek, the touch of your fingers on my skin, and the feel of your heart beating with mine. Knowing that I could never find that feeling with anyone other than you.
    108. This is the prayer I say tonight. It is for my loved one who must fight. This prayer is not for this one alone, but for all the military far from home. I ask you to keep them safe and sound on their way to where they’re bound. We love those that are asked to fight; so keep them safe for us tonight.
    109. Always on my mind, forever in my heart.
    110. I’ve never felt happier than when I am with you, or more empty than when I’m without you.
    111. Whenever I dream, I’m back in your arms. It makes me wish I could just stay asleep until you come home.
    112. Distance is a test of love. Many will fail, but for those who can withstand it have the true answer: love.
    113. Take pride in how far you’ve come and have faith in how far you can go.
    114. Remember three things: I’m here. I’ll wait for you. I love you.
    115. A soldier doesn’t fight because he hates what is in front of him. He fights because he loves what he left behind.
    116. Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.
    117. Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.
    118. Deployments are like walking backwards down a road. Instead of dwelling on how much there is left to travel, appreciate how far you have already come together.
    119. I’ll hold you in my heart until I can hold you in my arms.
    120. I love you for all that you are, all that you have been, and all you will be.
    121. As the seconds, minutes, days, and months pass by with this distance between us, I realize how much I miss you but missing you is worth it; knowing that someday, we shall be in each other’s arms.
    122. When nights are long and friends are few, I sit alone and think of you. With a lonely heart and a silent tear, I long to hold you and have you near.
    123. The sight of your picture makes my heart smile. Seeing your number on my phone makes my heart race. Seeing your smile makes my world brighter.
    124. No matter how far apart we are, we will always be under the same sky.
    125. When you feel like you want to give up and you can’t go much further, look at how far you’ve come. The strength inside you that has brought you this far will be the strength that will carry you the rest of the way.
    126. I will always wait for you.
    127. Guide and protect this Soldier, Oh Lord as through hard times of war we travel. Give us Strength for the battle, Hope for the future, and Courage to face the unknown. I could not match your stride. Keep this soldier safe from harm. Blessings I have found as we pray for peace.
    128. Brave hearts do not back down.
    129. Don’t lose hope. When the sun goes down, the stars come out.
    130. I’m not the perfect army girlfriend. The deployments sometimes get to me and there are times when nothing seems to go right when he is gone. I think about how wonderful it would be to have my soldier home all the time. There are times when he is home that I push him away so it doesn’t hurt so bad when he leaves again. At night, I cry because I can no longer handle trying to stay strong. There are time when I feel like walking away from this life I built. But when I stop and think about it, I remember just how much I love my man and how proud I am to be an army girlfriend.
    131. A champion is someone who gets up, even when they can’t.
    132. America means opportunity, freedom and power. We couldn’t have an America if it weren’t for the soldiers.
    133. De oppresso liber (to free the oppressed)
    134. Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty.
    135. Let it be your pride to show all men everywhere not only what good soldiers you are, but also what good men you are.
    136. Never give in - never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    137. Nothing is impossible to a valiant heart.
    138. The price of freedom isn’t free. It is paid for with the sweat, blood, and tears of heroes.
    139. When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will change.
    140. When you’re down to nothing, God is up to something. The faithful see the invisible, believe the incredible, and receive the impossible.
    141. Though I walk through the “Valley of the Shadow of Death,” I shall fear no evil, for it is I that is the evilest bastard in the valley. My gun and my bayonet, they comfort me. I fear no one. I let them fear me. My fighting spirit runneth over!
    142. My hero doesn’t wear a cape or tights. He doesn’t have superpowers and he can’t lift cars, but he fights to defend his country and that is enough for me.
    143. All that I remember is I’m still in love with you, and if I’m losing my mind, I hope you are too.
    144. If you are lost, you can look and you will find me. If you fall, I’ll catch you and I’ll be with you. Time after time…
    145. When you’re weary, feeling small, when tars are in your eyes, I will dry them all.
    146. When you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong. And you’ll finally see the truth, that a hero lies in you.
    147. You’re the hope that moves me to courage again. you’re the love that rescues me when the cold winds rage. And it’s so amazing because that’s just how you are.
    148. A day without you is like a year without rain.
    149. “Check the pone. Just in case. Go to bed. Dream of you. That’s what I’m doing these days.”
    150. “The power of a gun can kill and the power of a fire can burn. The power of wind can chill and the power of the mind can learn. The power of anger can rage inside until it tears you apart but the power of a smile, especially yours, can heal a frozen heart.”
    151. The texts you send me night and day, like jewels in my heart they stay; and so to God I always pray the best of blessings be yours each day.
    152. If I had to choose between breathing and loving you, I would use my last breath to tell you I love you.
    153. Just when I think it is impossible to love you any more than I already do, you prove me wrong.
    154. So many times I thought I would never find someone to love me the way I needed to be loved. Then you came into my life and showed me what true love really is.
    155. My home is in your arms.
    156. Deployment only makes my love for you stronger.
    157. Even a billion hearts are still too few to hold all the love I have for you.
    158. You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, “I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.”
    159. Faith: it does not make things easy, it makes them possible.
    160. Positive thinking sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and can achieve the impossible.
    161. Every moment I spend with you is a dream come true.
    162. There is not a single day where I haven’t thought about you. There is not a single night where I haven’t dreamt about you. There is not a single moment that will ever come in my life where I stop loving you.
    163. Distance means absolutely nothing when someone means absolutely everything to you.
    164. Every second spent with you seems like an eternity full of smiles, happiness, and love. I can’t even imagine how heavenly it would be to spend my whole life with you.
    165. You will never understand how much you mean to me because there is no amount of words that can begin to describe my feelings for you.
    166. You will always be worth the wait.
    167. I may not get to see you as often as I like. I may not get to hold you in my arms all through the night. But deep in my heart, I truly know, you’re the one I love, and I can’t let you go.
    168. Real heroes don’t have a name on the back of their jersey. They have their country’s flag on the arm of their uniform.
    169. My home is in your arms.
    170. Distance is temporary. Love is forever.
    171. I’m so proud of you, words cannot describe. I’m just scared. Scared about everything. This distance is tearing me apart, piece by piece. But regardless of the pain, I am going to be strong for you. You’re my better half.
    172. Waiting is easy for those who know the outcome is worth every second apart.
    173. Distance can stop me from kissing you but it can’t stop me from loving you.
    174. There is never a moment that I do not think of you. So when you think of me, smile, knowing that in that moment we are together, at least in thought.
    175. We are told to always think positively. We are told to believe you will come home safely. But as I stood there hugging you, I couldn’t help but wonder, “Will this be the last time I feel his arms around me? Will this be the last time I hear those 3 words that I live for?” I believe in you and support you always, but if for some reason you are taken from me, always know that my heart will forever belong to you.
    176. I never looked at anyone and thought, “You are everything I’ve ever wanted and more” until I met you.
    177. Military relationships are the product of many tears born both in happiness and in despair. They are nights alone wondering where he is and if he’s safe. It’s looking at pictures, knowing that is the only way I can see his face. But it’s all worth it in the end because I know I have one of the purest loves in the world because my man truly knows the meaning of honor, courage, and commitment, not only to the military but to me, and that makes everything worthwhile.
    178. Forget the knight in shining armor; my prince charming wears combat boots and camo!
    179. I love you. Through the ups, through the downs. Through the phone and through the miles; through the hard times apart. I’ll love you through this until I can love you through the inches between us, and through the entwining of your fingers. I’ll love you through it all.
    180. When you’re with a man from the Army, you can’t get mad at him. You can’t take any second for granted. You can’t hold back. You can’t regret anything. He may never come back to you so make the most of every minute you have with him before he’s gone.
    181. With every passing minute, we are another minute closer to being together again.
    182. The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.
    183. My love for you is a journey; starting at forever, and ending at never.
    184. There’s over 7 billion people in the world and I still want only you.
    185. To the world, you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
    186. As long as I have you, no problem will ever be too big, no day will ever be lonely, and no smile will ever go unshared because as long as I have you, I’ll always have everything I need to be happy.
    187. Love is not always convenient but if it is true, it will outlast any strain, overcome any obstacle, and grow consistently and exponentially for all eternity.
    188. Forever with anyone else would just seem too long, but with you forever just isn’t enough.
    189. The thought of being with you tomorrow gives me the strength to go on today.
    190. Whenever you feel a warm breeze brush against you, that’s the kiss I blew to you.
    191. When you feel alone, look at the spaces between your fingers and know that’s where mine fit perfectly.
    192. When I say, “I love you”, I don’t say it out of habit or to make conversation. I say it to remind you that you’re one of the best things that’s ever happened to me.
    193. I wrote your name in the sand but the waves washed it away. I wrote your name in my heart and forever it will stay.
    194. In ancient Greek Mythology, humans were created with four eyes, arms, and legs, with two noses and mouths, but one heart. Afraid of their power, Zeus split them in half, leaving them to find the other half of themselves. These people are called our soul mates.
    195. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while deeply loving someone gives you courage.
    196. I’ll wait for you because you’re the only one I want.
    197. Multiply it by infinity, take it to the depths of forever, and you’ll still only have a glimpse of how much I love you.
    198. When miles separate, love chooses a path. Either it lasts forever or dies like a candle in the wind. I choose to take the path less traveled and turn a flame of desire into an inextinguishable bonfire.
    199. There is something you must always remember-you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    200. A soldier does not desire to kill another. But if you do evil, be afraid. For he is God’s servant and will execute wrath on evil doers. And the Lord will commend him.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789