Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You know you're a Military girlfriend when...

1. Regular Member

You know you're a Military girlfriend when...

Advertisements
    Missing your boyfriend whose in the military.

1. You wear old sweatpants and sweatshirts to bed.

2. You can watch whatever you want on TV without arguing with him first

3. You get up in the middle of the night to check your e-mail.

4. You sleep with your cell phone in case he calls in the middle of the night.

5. You love watching cute love movies because it reminds you of all the cute things he does when he's home.

6. You haven't shaved your legs in weeks.

7. The mailman knows you because you are always out waiting for him to come.

8. You start paying close attention in class when the words "military" "Afghanistan" or "iraq" are mentioned.

9. You suddenly have an obsession with anything military related.

10. You see someone wearing an army, navy, or usmc shirt and you get this overwhelming urge to talk to them.

11. You make friends with strangers online just because they are in the same situation as you and are the only ones that can truly understand what you are going through.

12. You can't decide what to wear when you meet him at the airport because his flight comes in at a ridiculous hour in the morning and you want to look cute, but not too cute, because your cutest outfit you want to save for your first full day together.

13. Your first Christmas together is... apart.

14. You find yourself checking your e-mail every fifteen minutes.

15. You know all the time differences between where you are and Iraq, Ireland, Kuwait, Italy, Germany, Korea, and every state in the U.S.

16. The highlight of your day is getting a letter that was mailed a month ago.

17. And if you don't get a letter, the highlight of your day is writing him a letter that you know he will be able to read in a month.

18. You realize that HOMECOMING is so much more than a football game.

19. You want to hit any happy couple you see together

20. You get excited about "unknown" phone numbers calling you.

21. You've exhausted every idea a brain could have of what to put in a box.

22. You see a "support our troops" sticker on a car when you are stuck in traffic and you find yourself guessing about who they know that is deployed and thinking about their entire life story.

23. When the clock says 11:11, you find yourself wishing for the same thing every time: a call from your soldier.

24. You get excited when its only 5 months until you see your Soldier instead of 7!

25. You can't stand girls that talk about missing their boyfriends who live a few hours away. You just want to yell "drive and go see them them" because if you had the chance, you would jump on the first plane to go see your soldier no matter how far it is.

26. You don't know what teams are on top for football, basketball, etc.

27. You wouldn't dream of walking out of the house without the cell phone and every number you have is forwarded to that cell.

28. You find yourself randomly crying from just looking at a picture of the two of you together.

29. You find yourself randomly crying and you sometimes have no idea why.

30. You stay on the internet for hours searching for anything and everything about the military.

31. You talk to your friends about him so much that they know his full name, birthday and even his favorite color.

32. You find yourself speaking in acronyms (that no one other than you and he would understand).

32. You are reading this and smiling and nodding because you know it's so true
  2. Senior Member
    ahahah. number 32, yes! and 19. You want to hit any happy couple you see together . yesss!
  3. Seņor Member
    Seņor Member
    21. You've exhausted every idea a brain could have of what to put in a box.

be cool.
  4. Loving him 25/7
    Loving him 25/7
    So true! So true!! But I love EVERY second of it!! .... okay that's a lie I hate it like 50% of the time!
    <<My October wifeys for LIFE ~ Adriannelrh, AML7609, lynz91, MarinesWife09 & Megatron>>
  5. Senior Member
    lol I love #7 especially... The mailman here at my college actually started setting aside the USMC envelopes when DF was in boot. I just saw him again this week and he was like "Is he getting deployed? I'll expect to see you here everyday, twice a day again!"
    (He was actually a USMC vet so he was very nice about making sure I got my letters.)

I always feel disappointment when I see someone with a military sweatshirt and then I talk with them and they're like "Oh, I borrowed it from someone." Letdown.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    This is a really good thread! It made me smile!
  7. Senior Member
    I agree with every single one. It's almost sad
  8. I Love My LCPL
    I Love My LCPL
    Blog Entries
    I love this. It is so true
  9. Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
    Love this!!

10. Senior Member
    So true so true.
    My sisters, sister-in-law her husband was moving out of state for 9 weeks for an internship and she was freaking about because it was too long. I thought she was pretty lucky because that's nothing.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast