Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You know you're a Military girlfriend when...

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Advertisements
    Omg soooo true!! lol
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by armygfNY View Post
    Missing your boyfriend whose in the military.
    4. You sleep with your cell phone in case he calls in the middle of the night.

8. You start paying close attention in class when the words "military" "Afghanistan" or "iraq" are mentioned.

9. You suddenly have an obsession with anything military related.

10. You see someone wearing an army, navy, or usmc shirt and you get this overwhelming urge to talk to them.

11. You make friends with strangers online just because they are in the same situation as you and are the only ones that can truly understand what you are going through.

15. You know all the time differences between where you are and Iraq, Ireland, Kuwait, Italy, Germany, Korea, and every state in the U.S.

16. The highlight of your day is getting a letter that was mailed a month ago.

17. And if you don't get a letter, the highlight of your day is writing him a letter that you know he will be able to read in a month.

19. You want to hit any happy couple you see together

20. You get excited about "unknown" phone numbers calling you.

22. You see a "support our troops" sticker on a car when you are stuck in traffic and you find yourself guessing about who they know that is deployed and thinking about their entire life story.

23. When the clock says 11:11, you find yourself wishing for the same thing every time: a call from your soldier.

27. You wouldn't dream of walking out of the house without the cell phone and every number you have is forwarded to that cell.

29. You find yourself randomly crying and you sometimes have no idea why.

30. You stay on the internet for hours searching for anything and everything about the military.

31. You talk to your friends about him so much that they know his full name, birthday and even his favorite color.

32. You find yourself speaking in acronyms (that no one other than you and he would understand).

32. You are reading this and smiling and nodding because you know it's so true
    These definitely! And I'm not even an Army gf, atleast I don't think, I still say we're each others ex, but when I was at his graduation he said he wanted to start over...but I never really responded I went to sleep lol I guess I'll never know.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Soooo true! I agree with all of them... especially wanting to hit every happy couple you see! Does that make me a horrible person?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    wow i don't know if this emans i am pathetic or its all ok cuz i am a check to every single one of these lol
  5. Kicking our first deployments ass... most of the time.
    Kicking our first deployments ass... most of the time.
    This thread just made my whole night.
    "Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing love when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."

deployment status:overseas. [EXTENDED]
  6. Regular Member
    i totally agree.. and i know how you feel about the girls whose bfs are only a couple hours away.. im like really.. get over it.. mine is across the ocean and wont be back for soo many months
  7. Regular Member
    I feel like this is a list I could have written, because I relate with so many!!
    The other day my little sister was complaining because my mom wouldn't drive her to go see her boyfriend who lives 15 minutes away she hadn't seen him in THREE DAYYSSSS (insert whining 15 year old voice here).
    I wanted to smack her.
  8. Senior Member
    Oh thank goodness this crap wasn't me when I was a girlfriend.
  9. Regular Member
    Haha. I laughed when I read Number 6. Because it's true. Definitely. And numbers 10 and 30!
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Love this! Can't tell you how many times I've turned down plans with friends, coworkers, family, etc. because I had a Skype date planned with my soldier that night! The first time you tell someone you can't go because you've got a Skype date..... They look at you like you're crazy.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123