Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Medical Discharge

1. ashlee4806

Medical Discharge

Advertisements
    Ok, My husband just got diagnosed with an irregular heart beat. One of two things will happen, One he would be sub-disqualed and sent to surface fleet, or two he would be Medically discharged.
    Has anyone gone through this, or is going through this? I'm really nervous and worried both about my husband and our situation afterwards. I have no idea what will happen..so I'm worried.
  2. Armylove
    My best friend who is a Marine, got medically discharged for having a heart problem
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I have an irregular heartbeat as well, but apparently it's not a "dangerous" type, even though I am a higher risk candidate for heart disease, according to the doctor. It's in my record, and that's reviewed every year since, and it's been about 6 years, so apparently I'm good. Don't freak out too early.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We've been dealing with this off & on for a couple of years. Dh has even had 2 heart surgeries & is still active duty.

If you want to chat, PM me.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    DH got sub disqualified back in November. Send me a PM if you have any questions
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  6. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....
    My friend got medically retired from the navy from having a terminal illness (not heart related) and she seems to be doing fine! she has been collecting unemployment as well as disablity from the military. she was only in the military for 3 years when they diagnosed her, so she didnt get to get all the retirement benefits, but she gets tricare prime for her for the rest of her life and standard for any of her dependants.
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!