Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: College while Active Duty

1. Senior Member

College while Active Duty

Advertisements
    Has anyone's SO gone to school while they were active duty? Did they take online classes or classes on basE? How does that work? Can they take classes while deployed?
  2. bunkie
    My neighbors husband (a finance marine) takes his college classes online. He doesn't have hard long hours or anything so its easy for him. If it were MY husband he would never have the time. Especially on deployment, he is combat arms so hes always on the front lines with little use of a computer. I think it depends a lot on your job but if you have the time you can defentially do it online.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I went to classes (100% FREE tuition? HELL YEAH) and have friends that did. The classes are usually at the high schools on base, with a few that meet at local colleges.
  4. Lilithdrff
    DH took some online classes.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My dh takes online classes. He works 12-14 hours a night for 6 days in a row and then 3 days off. So that means we don't see him much well we see him he's just busy online...HAHA But if it means that makes him closer to being an officer then I'm ok with that
  6. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    Bill is finishing his BA right now. He has been working on it for a couple of years, and he's almost done . He was taking classes at the college on base (Vincennes University), and he's taking online classes thru AMU. He's doing two classes on line right now.

As far as being deployed and taking classes, that's something your dh will have to look into. It's possible to take online classes, if he has a laptop with him.
  7. Senior Member
    My dh is working on his BA right now. When he checked into his command they said that he has to leave with some sort of a degee. So he goes to class everyday from 11am-noon then has his normal hour lunch. If they are going to let him do it and support him, he is all for it!!
  8. Legs
    Quote Originally Posted by instant_oatmeal View Post
    Has anyone's SO gone to school while they were active duty? Did they take online classes or classes on basE? How does that work? Can they take classes while deployed?
    My husband took classes online on sea duty as well as shore duty. It's why he stayed in so he could get his degree.
  9. Jo
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My husband got his bachelors and Masters degree while on active duty. He took classes online, at the school and school sites, and on the boat (ODU). We only had to pay for one masters class because he was over his limit per year, and he was pushing to get done. So, his education was almost completely free except his books!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    When DH was home he was able to take online classes and a couple on base, but only had time for one at a time and barely had time for that.
    Aubrey

RIP Jeremy 3/17/78 - 1/16/09
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast