Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is this normal?

1. AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    Blog Entries

Is this normal?

Advertisements
    Pete put his "request" in for orders to the USS Bush like a month ago, and he hadnt gotten his official orders yet. Is that normal? Is it because the Bush is a precom? I know they have to go through a screening process to be placed on the Bush but Im not sure if it should take this long to get his official orders.
    You don't choose your family...they are God's gift to you
  2. Senior Member
    Umh, welll.....Robert was told in March of 06 that we'd be going in September.
    Then it was moved to October of 06. Then...October came and went and they said around the New Year he'd be going to the Bush...January came and went and still nothing. Then they kept saying that whenever the next cycle started he'd go. Well, the next cycle started and still nothing...we finally turned the orders down as you know. Good luck hun!
  3. Sailors_Baby
    From what I know (which, mind you, is very little) a "request" is simply his preference as to what he would like to do/where he would like to go. They will take this into consideration when they assign him, but he could end up somewhere else and in a different time frame. Hope that helped, I'm still trying to mull my way thru the Navy lifestyle. =)
  4. I wanna lick the wrapper........
    I wanna lick the wrapper........
    Personally my opinion precom's are the worst orders because everyone is trying to re-invent the wheel also cause officers and captain are under alot more pressure on new ships to get people qualified and to get everything certified and working right. They work very loooooooooooong hours and lots of drills and trials.
    Been through it before the worst experience ever!

5. AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnersgirl View Post
    Personally my opinion precom's are the worst orders because everyone is trying to re-invent the wheel also cause officers and captain are under alot more pressure on new ships to get people qualified and to get everything certified and working right. They work very loooooooooooong hours and lots of drills and trials.
    Been through it before the worst experience ever!
    Thanks. Thanks a lot.

I know its not going to be the best orders ever but I thats not what I was asking. I just want to know if its normal to take this long.
  6. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Just like Sailors Baby said, a request does not mean that he's going to get it.
    DH's former LPO just left for the Bush. He's staff & got his orders within a month of requesting it. When he submitted it, they told him it could take up to 6 months

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My husband did the precom for the Reagan and he LOVED IT! He thought it was a great experience and if he decided to stay in he wanted to get on the Bush.

But he got his orders out of nuke school...He was the 42nd person assigned to the ship!
  8. AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    Blog Entries
    wow! thanks Jenny thats what i needed to hear.

and thanks AG3Wife...i didnt know it could take that long. But he needs them by July, because his current ship is going to be decommissioned by then LOL