Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Romantic project ideas?

1. Stay off the grass
    Stay off the grass

Romantic project ideas?

Advertisements
    OK I didn't know where to post this but I figured the place where you guys write about Care Packages would be the best place.

So I want to do some sweet little projects for John while he is away at AIT. While he was at BT I would send him songs/poems/quotes and he loved them. One time I printed a song, burned the edges, crinkled it up, and then stained it with tea. Then I rolled it up like an old scroll and sent it. In the letter it said something along the lines of "you dont really need a map, you already found the way to my heart" He loved it...despite the cheesiness of it all.

Anywho...I am thinking about putting together a book of love songs and poems (mostly songs). I had thought about it and then you girls started posting love songs you love and I want to use the ones you suggested.

I also bought this teeny tiny little note book. It is prolly 2"x2" and it has the chinese symbol for Harmony on the front. I am going to write one happy thought/feeling/idea on each page. i.e. Clothes out of the dryer, goodnight kisses, dancing penguins, etc. Basically things that make him smile or feel good about on the inside.

You ladies have a lot of good ideas for care packages but I was wondering if you had any romantic ideas similar to these. Nothing extravagent just something that says "i am thinking about you and I spent time on this"

Feel free to use mine as well.
  2. Senior Member
    AWWW thats such a cute idea, I love doing stuff like this.. are you going to write the song lyrics?
    I would rather spend my time missing you than be with someone else <3

3. Stay off the grass
    Stay off the grass
    If you mean compose my own, no. If you mean handwrite them, that is also a no. I have atrocious handwriting and I will not subject him to that for AIT as well. No my plan was to print them out on purty paper and bind it like a book. The tiny book will have to be handwritten.
  4. my heart is home!
    my heart is home!
    I love your idea about the little book writing down good thoughts!! I might copy it! I have been trying to come up with things like this to send DB as well so I'm glad you made this post.

A month ago I made DB this little sign, I put it on a piece of hot pink (my favorite color) paperboard and I cut out all kinds of sayings and things that reminded me of him and us from magazines and I put pictures of us together and wrote him a message on the back. I was really proud of it and he said that was his favorite thing in the whole package! So if you don't have that great of handwriting that's an option too!
  5. Stay off the grass
    Stay off the grass
    i stockpyle magazines So I am gonna try that one too!
  6. bunkie
    that is a really cute/sweet idea!
  7. AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    Blog Entries
    i made pete a big scrapbook filled with pictures of us throughout our whole relationship. i made the pages all pretty and everything. i havent sent it yet but he says he cant wait to see it!!
    You don't choose your family...they are God's gift to you
  8. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    I once did a pillowcase for him with my picture and it said I love you.
  9. chads_princess
    I've done a letter to him and then put contact paper over it... and cut it up into a puzzle... so he had to put it together to read the letter... i've also done that for a picture. i started a scrapbook for him before he left and every 2 weeks another page goes out to him... on one of the pages i got a necklace that has a key hole in it... and i took a picture of me wearing it... and then i took the key for the necklace and attached that to the paper with "come home soon... you're the only one that holds the key to my heart". then the cheesiest thing i've done was this, and he loved it!:

Love Kit
    On a pretty piece of paper perhaps on a lace doily print the following:

Reminders of why I love you:

Sweet Escapes- for those times we spend alone

Candle- you are the light of my life

Peppermint Patty- for the cool sensations you give me

Stick of gum- for all the times you've stuck by me

Matches- we are a perfect match

Charmin Tissue- you are too irresistible NOT to squeeze

Mounds- for the mounds of love I feel for you....

Hugs and Kisses- [your name]

Why I Love You Kit

Jolly Rancher - for all the times you make me laugh

Sweet Escapes - for the special times we spend alone

Hugs & Kisses - yours are simply the best

100,000 Bar - .you are worth more than a grand to me

Skittles - for the rainbow of colors you show me life through

Peppermint Patty - for the cool sensations you give me

Cotton Ball - to help soften any rough times

Popcorn - cause you keep popping into my thoughts

Balloon - because you encourage me to reach for the sky

Needle and Thread - that we are bound together

Match - we are a perfect match

Pom Pom - for the warm fuzzies you give me

Silk Rose - which will last forever...like us

Puzzle Piece - without you I'm not whole.

These fun kits are made simply by adding all of the "ingredients", printing the list of items and their meaning and putting it all in a jar with a nice decorative jar topper. These are inexpensive kits, especially if you can recycle the jar from your kitchen (keep your eye open for nice jelly and relish jars at the store.

"Pep" Pills
    RED
    For When Your Hot Under The Collar

YELLOW
    To Brighten Your Day

BLUE
    To Remind You That We Love You

ORANGE
    To Make Your Wishes Come True

GREEN
    To Make The Sadness Fade Away

(used with Jelly Beans, or appropriate colored candies)

These fun kits are made simply by adding all of the "ingredients", printing the list of items and their meaning and putting it all in a jar with a nice decorative jar topper. These are inexpensive kits, especially if you can recycle the jar from your kitchen (keep your eye open for nice jelly and relish jars at the store.

These are cute for that spouse of the recently deployed loved one...

Stress Bag
    Stick of Gum - To remind you to stick to it

Candle-To remind you to shine brightly (I used a nice smelling votive candle in a color that complimented the rest of the package.)

A Chocolate Kiss - To remind you that you are loved

A Match - To light your fire when you're feeling burned out ( I used a wooden kitchen match and put it in a tiny ziplock bag so it wouldn't get lost. I did that with a couple of the tiny things.)

A Pin- To remind you to stay sharp (I can't remember if I used a big safety pin or a corsage pin.)

A Smartie - To help you on those days when you don't feel smart ( A whole pack of smarties, of course.)

A Starburst - To give you a burst of energy on days when you don't have any

A Snickers - To remind you to take time to laugh (I used the bite size.)

Confetti- To remind you to have fun ( I used the paper punch and made my own out of some pretty wrapping paper samples from the school paper sale.)

Tape- To fix things that will not work

A Potholder - For when things get too hot to handle (The phone company gives them away at Christmas. lol)

A Penny - So you will never have to say, "I"m broke".

A Marble- For when you lose yours

A Rubber Band - To stretch yourself beyond the limits

A String - To tie things together when everything falls apart

A Band-Aid - For when things get a little rough ( I got a little wild and used the leopard print ones. *g*)

A Crayon - To color your day bright and cheerful ( I used a pack of 4 crayons. The kids get them a lot for free with a little coloring book around Christmas.)

A Puzzle Piece - Without you things wouldn't be complete

A Cotton Ball - For the rough roads, seek the cushioned support of family and friends

Happy face- Smiling is contagious ( I started to use some happy face stickers, but I found a little happy face ball that my kids never played with.)

Eraser - To remind you that you can start every day with a clean slate.

Excedrin - Thank you, I know this job can be a headache (It called for Tylenol, but I got a sample pack of Excedrin through the mail so that's what I used.)

Battery - To give you that extra charge to keep you going... and going.

Piece of Rope - When you reach the end of yours, this will keep you going a bit longer

Paper clip - To help keep things together when they seem to be out of control.

A Small Smooth Stone - To remind you that the rough times help to refine and polish

A Recipe - To make when you want to do something special for someone ( I printed up a cake recipe of some kind.)

A Star- To remind you to shine and always try your best ( I was stuck on this one. I finally just cut a star out of some yellow fun foam.)

A Button - To remind you to shine and always try your best.

Glitter- For a glimpse of how the world looks through a child's eyes ( I poured some into a tiny ziplock bag.)

A Bag- To help you keep it all together