Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving ?

1. myseabeesangel

Moving ?

Advertisements
    Hey my Dh and I were just wondering if when he gets home from school, will he be here to help with the move or will he have to go straight from school to his first duty station and the rest of us follow once the packing and stuff is done? Thanks
  2. bunkie
    I dont know about the Navy but in the army you usually get a leave period to move your family for your first station just like any PCS.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    If he can't be there, y'all need to get the POA's done ASAP.
  4. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    I am not sure how they will do with your DH but I know when my DH was done boot camp when he went to A school he had some time off in between that he went and got all of his stuff to move into the barracks and they did give him some time to move to his new apartment at his permanent duty station..they give you a few days to move into a new place and such...I can't remember how many days it is though.
  5. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Good luck, it all depends on his orders, as to whether or not he'll be able to be there to help you move. Get a POA ASAP!

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Good luck with everything!
    Planning for a 2011 Baby!! Abigail Evangeline or Izaac Mitchell
  7. myseabeesangel
    Thanks girls, we already have the POA's, wills, and medical for both of us, jeez, I am starting to think that was the easy part,lol. And he trasfered from Navy reserves and is going Active duty Army. He has to go to Warrior training school, then off to his MOS training, I hope I said that right. So from reserves to active kind of has me in a tail spin,lol. He only has 1 week from signing in to when he leaves home. So I am trying to learn as much as possible to make it easier on our 5 kids and us, before we move,kwim? Cause I am used to moving on my own, but we haven't moved in 10 years,so I am just not sure what to expect, that is why I was wondering if he would be able to help us or if I should just start packing stuff when he leaves so it is ready to go the minute he gets here.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I would recommend that you start getting ready now. Start getting rid of things and preparing the kids. Do you know where you will be stationed? If you can, take a trip there to see where you will be living.

Good luck
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    It depends on his orders. Mine has been hear to help and move us all but this last time. He was in Bahrain. I had to move me and the kids myself. You will need a POA to do the move.
  10. myseabeesangel
    Thank you all so much for the info. I started getting rid of things today.