Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Any Suggestions????

1. alyoung

Any Suggestions????

Advertisements
    My husband will be coming home very soon and i have this perfect night planned. My only problem is I don't know much about wine. So I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on a good wine for a very romantic night.

Thanx

Amy
  2. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Martini & Rossi
    Asti

its my fave!!! its cheap though, not sure what your looking for. and its like a sparkling whine...more like champagne only better

sorry, i'm really no help. lol
  3. alyoung
    LOL... u know more about it then I do, I've never really been a wine drinker. I'm just really nervous cause we've only been married for 7 1/2 months and he's just going to be getting back from his first TDY of 90 days so I just want everything perfect.
  4. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    well the asti is a sweeter wine. it's like $10-15 a bottle, so you should buy some and try it, see how you feel about it
  5. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....
    if you like red wine, then the best wine i can think of is WoodGlen Valley Macela(sp?) it is the best red wine i have ever had!
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  6. Senior Member
    Ok I used to work in a liquor department inside a Jewel back in IL. I was a supervisor for the liquor dept. and the best wine I saw and actually had was any australian wine in a chardonnay, I prefered Yellow Tail, its tasty and best if served chilled. Red wines you want to serve at room temperature and even the Aussies have good red wines as well. Usually you do not want too old of a white wine, current year or 2006 is sufficient. If you are looking for a dessert wine try Sutter Home Moscato served chilled. It has a fruity blend but not too overpowering to where you can taste the fruityness.

When my wife came home from her 5 week work-up I had a bottle of yellow tail chardonnay and lobsters cooking, well being steamed and that actually complimented the lobster real nice. What I did for her was so elaborate that it took me planning it right down to the candles and the background music while we ate by candlelight. I love being romantic so if you want the whole story and you can use it for ideas as well, PM me.
  7. alyoung
    Yeah I have been planning this for about a month now. I went home for my birthday and came back March 1st and I have been planning this since. I just want everything to be absolutely perfect. I just finished the cds today, I have spent so much time just in detailing where to up the candles and everything. I found the perfect combination, my outfit everything. I mean we've only been married 7 1/2 months, but we've been through so much together that him coming back and everything being just right means everything in the world to me right now.
  8. Senior Member
    As it should. It doesnt matter how long you have been married because its about the whole homecoming. I mean I have and am planning things too for us as well and I hope everything goes off good.