Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Army Wives

1. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!

Army Wives

Advertisements
    Anyone else see the previews of the new show on Lifetime called army wives? It looks pretty good..it is supposed to premier in June.
  2. ...
    i just did a little bit ago.

im hoping to become a army wife when scott gets back from deployment.
    ive fallen hard for him, an it kills me that he had to go....
  3. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    Nope. Maybe it will come onto AFN europe.
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

4. Armylove
    No, but I think I might watch!
  5. **Liz**
    Yup I saw that, but we'll be homeless right around then and it depends if the BIL's don't hog the tv at the in-laws. I do want to watch it though!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah, I saw the previews too. I might watch it, depends on when it's on though.
  7. LaurenBeth
    sounds cool.. I'll have to check it out
  8. LaurenOC
    Sounds interesting. Someone will have to remind me when it starts so I can catch it.
  9. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    I found this online about it...

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "NYPD Blue" veteran
    Kim Delaney will star in Lifetime's drama pilot "Army Wives."

The ensemble project revolves around a sassy woman (Sally Pressman) from the wrong side of the tracks who marries a soldier, moves her kids onto a military base and becomes friends with a diverse group of Army wives.

Delaney will play the strong and likable colonel's wife, whom all other military wives look up to.

Brigid Brannagh has also been cast. She will play another Army wife -- a former cop and a mother of two who is pregnant with twins as a surrogate for a couple who can't conceive.

Production is slated to begin this month in South Carolina.

Delaney, who won an Emmy for her role on ABC's "NYPD Blue," most recently starred in TNT's miniseries "Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King." Brannagh co-starred on FX's
    Iraq war drama "Over There."
    ]

also found this....

‘Army Wives’ revolves around a group of women and one man living with their families on an Army post and the issues they deal with as their spouses serve their country. According to TV.com, the show is filmed on location in Charleston, South Carolina, and is based on the book ‘Under the Sabers: The Unwritten Code of Army Wives,’ by Tanya Biank, who also serves as consultant.

But despite the reality-based theme of the drama, Lifetime Networks president of entertainment promises, "It's not about the war itself, it's not a political statement." Right, so if you’re not going to say war is wrong, I guess that means war is awesome as long as you can film a show with Maxim and FHM-featured Catherine Bell living on an Army base. I guess we can live with that philosophy.

For those who fear Lifetime will girlie up a show about such serious things as war and hardship, consider this Wiki factoid: Catherine Bell was the only celebrity to correctly predict that the New England Patriots would defeat the St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI by a score of 20-17. That stunning prediction was made in The Sporting News before the 2001 season had even begun, and while most believed the Patriots had no chance of even making the playoffs. How many of the manliest male NFL fans can say they did that?
  10. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Yea I can't wait until this comes on, because I was a big JAG fan and Catherine Bell who played Mac on there is gonna be playing on Armywives as a mother who is being secretly abused by her teenage son.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast